• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ianspace
    Newest Member
    ianspace

December 2019 Discussion

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I didn't see the shoutout? But good article. I know it's not a snow lovers paradise, but you can't beat a good storm on the Cape. 

Some bloggers on americanwx.com rank the January 2015 blizzard, named Juno by The Weather Channel, right up there with the 2005 blizzard.

39 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Maine News Center early look for Tday

887eba55-7b35-4efd-9e72-440690dde212_360x203.png

10" at Sugarloaf yesterday, if the map above verifies it will be some great T-Day skiing there. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Man those algorithms as evident by yesterday's event are pretty bad. For shits and giggles are looked at it for next Sunday. While cool at the surface, it's mild 925-850 with temps just above 0C in those levels, yet has snow acc to like KTAN. Tossed. Buyer beware of those algorithms. 

There awful as evident from yesterday.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

10" at Sugarloaf yesterday, if the map above verifies it will be some great T-Day skiing there. 

They will see at least that Thurs and thinking closer to 12" there.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Maine News Center early look for Tday

887eba55-7b35-4efd-9e72-440690dde212_360x203.png

Looks very similar to the map we saw Saturday evening.  Busted high for most of the foothills and points S & E, but that map had 6"+ for N. Maine, which verified.  Trend has been favorable, as last week was offering a torch-deluge, but I'm still underwhelmed by our prospects from this one.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I suppose it could, but my gut says a messy storm. Would want to have latitude for that one. Overall the extended has some volatility. The Pacific or Atlantic is not perfect, but it is sufficient for the interior anyways and perhaps the coast. Early December climo is still tough, especially near the Coast. 

Agree.

Just now, weathafella said:

All out blizzard on my birthday night.   A 73 year wait....

Wow, unfortunately, the biggest weather event on my birthday was it was a hot day, August 25th is not a great day for an extreme weather events.

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Wow, unfortunately, the biggest weather event on my birthday was it was a hot day, August 25th is not a great day for an extreme weather events.

Hurricanes could happen that day!

• Like 1