Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

19 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

GFS is just so bad nowadays. Really disappointing. I seriously barely use it anymore. 

Hmmm. I would have to disagree. The HF3S model had been calling for the snowstorm that is going to be hitting the Midwest. The Euro hadn't showed it, until today that is. So, GFS was first to show the storm..the Euro then Came on board after. Just stating a fact. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Hmmm. I would have to disagree. The HF3S model had been calling for the snowstorm that is going to be hitting the Midwest. The Euro hadn't showed it, until today that is. So, GFS was first to show the storm..the Euro then Came on board after. Just stating a fact. 

Models show a storm during the timeframe.  It's all gravy this far out. 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I don't know what the HFS3 model is. A model showing a snowstorm 10+ days out and then having it verify on occasion isn't particularly useful to me as an operational meteorologist. It just doesn't get the details right within 5 days when it matters. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

00z will have a 1016mb finger of a high at 282hr with fair skies.

I mean I know it goes without saying but that evolution of a full phase with a remnant PV streamer over the Southeast will 100% not have even a vestige of a storm then 6 hours from now. The epitome of threading the needle.

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Continuous snowcover since early December here in patchy spot's. Some of the neighbors have 6-12" of plowed and snow thrower snow. Unfortunately we had alot of rain that melted most of the snow. My house is 90% covered in about 1/2" of snow. Enormous piles of snow in the Enfield Mall parking lot. Usually this remains until April. 

The one in Costco's parking lot lasted until early May last year!

7 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I don't know what the HFS3 model is. A model showing a snowstorm 10+ days out and then having it verify on occasion isn't particularly useful to me as an operational meteorologist. It just doesn't get the details right within 5 days when it matters. 

Sorry.. Spell check went to work on this. I meant to say the GFS

• Like 1