• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

I don't see any discrete threat to hitch your wagon to, so to speak.....thus an interval to allocate time and energy elsewhere for me. The reprieve second half of December was expected, but hopefully we get going again earlier in January that I had feared/anticipated. There seems to be some support for that, but I haven't looked that far ahead much since the outlook.

I'd like to get going again in order to redeem what has been a pretty futile medium range forecasting effort from me this season, after the hot start with the early season big fish.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I feel like this month has already been a big win for those of us among the cold/snowy December contingent....pretty risky call in a warm ENSO year, but it was the right call and it was ballsy.

Some of us were not as fortunate, The cutters and misses will dominate the headlines so it will go down as subpar.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Some of us was as fortunate so it will go down as subpar.

Your account belies reality on a grander scale. I'm willing to bet that have suceeded in registering a negative monthly snowfall anomaly in the face of a surplus of precipitation coupled with a negative temperature departure. Saddle up and enjoy straddling the same cosmic dildo that I did for four months last year.

I think I had you at like -2 to -3 departure for the month, which I would wager to say will work out.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm willing to bet that have suceeded in registering a negative monthly snowfall anomaly in the face of a surplus of precipitation coupled with a negative temperature departure. Saddle up and enjoy straddling the same cosmic dildo that I did for four months last year.

I think I had you at like -2 to -3 departure for the month, which I would wager to say will work out.

Not sure we will be much better then -1 for December., If it wasn't for a great march last year, The season here would have finished below normal so its not like we set any records last season either, Some have this perception that when they see NNE having a great winter, That down this way is as well which in many instances is not the case, Kind of a tweener between NNE/CNE.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

If we were to get shut out through NY, it definitely will sour the fun we had though. 2nd half of the month quiet pattern with a pre Christmas melt (I know some will have snow) definitely isn't ideal. That said, I enjoyed the first half.

I don't think anyone will ever endeavor to forecast the aggregate sentiment of the snow weenie, nor should they. Lol

Just now, dryslot said:

Not sure we will be much better then -1 for December., If it wasn't for a great march last year, The season here would have finished below normal so its not like we set any records last season either, Some have this perception that when they see NNE having a great winter, That down this way is as well which in many instances is not the case, Kind of a tweener between NNE/CNE.

I'll check at month's end...may have been -1 to -2.

54 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I think a snow threat or 2 shows up more definitively in the next couple of days for the remainder of December.

12/27 is looking pretty ugly right now though can't be ruled out yet. We'll see if we can pop something 12/31-1/1 which may have a more favorable ridge out west. 

1 hour ago, redbanknjandbigbasslakepa said:

Lots of people including my family heading up to the mountains between Christmas and NY for skiing. Will or anyone else care to shed some light on what you think of the chances of rain/snow for the resorts, Stratton, Kmart, NH resorts etc.

Any washout days? Thanks! 

I don’t see any big rainers ahead, although the GFS has one around the 29th) 

But that far out (NY) anything can happen.  
I also don’t see any big snow chances