Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

3 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

From Eric Fisher

From a temperature standpoint alone, the 2010s gave us: Hottest year, 2nd hottest, 3rd hottest, 8th hottest, 9th hottest. Hottest spring. Hottest summer. Hottest fall. Hottest winter. Hottest month. Hottest every month except Jan, Mar, and June in fact.

For which site is this? It's not true for BOS. 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

what I hate about this website is instead of listing Scranton/Wilkes-Barre they list it as Avoca...THE NWS PAGE HAS IT AS SCRANTON/WILKES-BARRE...CALL IT THAT 

God knows what other locations they do this for. Stupid...going to have to go through and figure it out. Like why would they have it listed at Avoca...it's a stupid borough  

Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

I guess the same goes for Windsor Locks representing Hartford?

that one kinda drives me nuts too...but it is the Hartford area. 

I never even heard of Avaca...was on the NWS BGM page looking at climate data for AVP and they had Avoca in parenthesis so then I knew on that thredex site that it was Scranton. Pissed me off 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

God knows what other locations they do this for. Stupid...going to have to go through and figure it out. Like why would they have it listed at Avoca...it's a stupid borough  

It seems kinda obvious from the 3-letter id, no? The airport's address is in Avoca, not Scranton or WB.

10 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I am assuming it's BOS. The post is on his twitter account. And I only had time to glance at it. 

If it's supposed to be for BOS then there's a lot of errors there. 

Only 4 months were set in the 2010s and one of them has a massive ** next to it (July 2019) as it only beat 1983 by 0.7 and we know how warm Logan is running right now...unlikely it was warmer than several other years that were within 1.5-2F too.

2 of the "seasons" were also not in the 2010s....hottest summer (1949 and 1983 tied) and hottest winter (2001-2002)  

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

If it's supposed to be for BOS then there's a lot of errors there. 

Only 4 months were set in the 2010s and one of them has a massive ** next to it (July 2019) as it only beat 1983 by 0.7 and we know how warm Logan is running right now...unlikely it was warmer than several other years that were within 1.5-2F too.

2 of the "seasons" were also not in the 2010s....hottest summer (1949 and 1983 tied) and hottest winter (2001-2002)  

Perhaps he will clarify.

34 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

i was driving on the parkway this weekend and the car next to me annihilated one. the antlers spun through the air and dinged my windshield 

As with all wildlife, something will exert population control.  For deer, I'd rather it be firearms than fenders.

Augusta temp holding at 23 thru 2 PM.  Given CAA, may not go any warmer, certainly no more than 1-2F if any.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Some decent -NAO development beyond day 7. 

This has been getting more robust across guidance as we get closer. May have to watch for something sneaky because of it. It's been a while since we had a real nice NAO block in the early cold season...we had a great one in March 2018 that really helped that year finish with a bang. 

Would be nicer to have it in December but we might be able to get an event in 2nd half of November here if it can hold strong. 

Just now, tamarack said:

As with all wildlife, something will exert population control.  For deer, I'd rather it be firearms than fenders.

Augusta temp holding at 23 thru 2 PM.  Given CAA, may not go any warmer, certainly no more than 1-2F if any.

I always say it about once per year...but reintroduce the cougar. I think people are too panicky for it to happen any time soon but it would actually likely save lives if we did it. It would reduce the number of deer car crash fatalities by a significantly higher number than the rogue fatal attack on a jogger or hiker. 

• Like 1

Just now, tamarack said:

I prefer natural selection to do it...survival of the fittest. Not hunting down the biggest, strongest one you can find. That's just me though and I accept people hunting even though I'm not a fan of it.

• Like 2