Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

45 minutes ago, Minenfeld! said:

Doesn't fit the tenor of the month in my opinion. I prefer temps to top out in the 60s. If there will be 70s, low dews to accompany them. But, those are just my preferences, probably based off childhood experiences.

That is, by definition, planning. I'm unsure why you've added the scare-quotes around walkable. Walkable communities are the gold standard and people like to live there. Wherever there is a walkable community, prices for that real-estate are much higher than the surrounding area. I'm working on an MA in urban and regional planning. If you'd like to learn more, I can recommend some texts.

I don't want to be told by a State let alone a one world governing body how to live. I find young people annoying. They play their music loud in and out of their cars at night and I want peace and quiet in my home. There are urban centric people who don't mind other people's noise living in close proximity to neighbors. Then there are people like me who don't want to hear my neighbors music/TV or in some cases bathroom sounds while I'm in my home with my windows open. If you want that, God bless you but don't think that I and many Americans like me will ever conform to the type of mandated living standards the UN envisions. For the record, I have space but live in what I consider a walkable community with access to  sidewalks, a village and miles of NYS protected hiking trails in the Hudson Highlands less than a 10 min walk from my front door. Do I need to drive 7-15 min to access busier commercial areas where I shop? Absolutely. I like it that way. I don't need light, noise pollution where I live nor need to hear my neighbors business. I'm sitting here peacefully by myself along the Hudson River near West Point watching the line of rain creep down towards me. That's how how I want to live my life, not in a socially engineered community

44 minutes ago, West Mtn NY said:

I don't want to be told by a State let alone a one world governing body how to live. I find young people annoying. They play their music loud in and out of their cars at night and I want peace and quiet in my home. There are urban centric people who don't mind other people's noise living in close proximity to neighbors. Then there are people like me who don't want to hear my neighbors music/TV or in some cases bathroom sounds while I'm in my home with my windows open. If you want that, God bless you but don't think that I and many Americans like me will ever conform to the type of mandated living standards the UN envisions. For the record, I have space but live in what I consider a walkable community with access to  sidewalks, a village and miles of NYS protected hiking trails in the Hudson Highlands less than a 10 min walk from my front door. Do I need to drive 7-15 min to access busier commercial areas where I shop? Absolutely. I like it that way. I don't need light, noise pollution where I live nor need to hear my neighbors business. I'm sitting here peacefully by myself along the Hudson River near West Point watching the line of rain creep down towards me. That's how how I want to live my life, not in a socially engineered community

And those damn kids better stay off your lawn!

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

There is a ton of them up here and they are huge, I have had a few bounce off the top of my P/U truck the last few days driving down the road and it scares the living daylights out of you.

They almost sound like gunshots sometimes.  Crazy!  Big here too!

• Like 1