• Member Statistics

    15,771
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    jensenburnett
    Newest Member
    jensenburnett
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
George BM

August Discobs 2019

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

One heck of a flood event going on in central va this morning. I'm expecting nothing here but clouds and more dryness. 

Yea...a heck of a slug of rain from DC south burbs on south . Hopefully some action migrates north to areas that need rain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have family in northern Calvert – they got a nice thunderstorm Wednesday  that was moving north, and a nice one yesterday that was moving south. Now they’re getting that big slug of rain. 

  I just went out and heavily watered my parched gardens. I don’t expect to see a drop here. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mattie g said:

It’s all starting to get ridiculous now.

Plenty of rain up until a couple weeks ago, but been fringed in all directions since. Not holding out a ton of hope for today, but we’ll see...

Same deal here. My trees and bushes are dieing and 5 miles se of me has been crushed for the past 3 days. I can hear thunder from a flooder that is sitting just to my se AGAIN. I wont see a drop all day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Same deal here. My trees and bushes are dieing and 5 miles se of me has been crushed for the past 3 days. I can hear thunder from a flooder that is sitting just to my se AGAIN. I wont see a drop all day.

I hear ya. The cell to my SW has hit a brick wall, and the same happened with a smaller cell at around 5:00 am - popped up and sat in the same spot for quite a while before fizzling out, but not before gracing us with lightning and thunder.

F77F98BD-23BA-4FD1-ADE8-50CF061D3FEB.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I hear ya. The cell to my SW has hit a brick wall, and the same happened with a smaller cell at around 5:00 am - popped up and sat in the same spot for quite a while before fizzling out, but not before gracing us with lightning and thunder.

:lol:

FC0CB26B-361D-4BEC-A345-155721DA9E1A.thumb.png.3a95ba471770aff180305022d0fdac42.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy downpour when I left the house. Nothing but overcast by the time I got across the Patuxent; (about 6 miles).

Tiny patch of blue sky here in Mitchellville. We'll see.

Had .09" yesterday afternoon. Nothing in Bowie/Mitchellville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally mby and all of Carroll Co doesn't really need the rain( July was wet ) . And I can speak for Northern Baltimore county + Frederick Co as well . I've had jobs in all these locations the past few weeks and ponds,creeks are at or above normal summer levels and everything is real green except isolated patches of brown grass here and there ...and mostly that's lawns that were scalped too too short ..I'll never understand why someone would cut the lawn to the dirt almost ( wait a minute..who am I kidding...I know the answer lol). I just like to see a old fashioned thunderstorm roll through.  Just had to stop back home for some parts and the ground is wet so a light shower must of came through ( .02) on the VP2. 

69/68 currently 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

One heck of a flood event going on in central va this morning. I'm expecting nothing here but clouds and more dryness. 

I'd settle for that at this point.  Bright sun here.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mattie g said:

It’s all starting to get ridiculous now.

Plenty of rain up until a couple weeks ago, but been fringed in all directions since. Not holding out a ton of hope for today, but we’ll see...

I feel your pain. It had been 3 weeks since I had any real rain until yesterday. I was close to missing it yet again but managed to get the edge of that severe storm that pummeled DE. Only picked up about a half inch but compared to how most of July went here it was a freaking miracle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where to post this, but looks like a nice cool period may be arriving later next week, associated with the steep decline in the NAO combined with the NW Pac ridge.

EPS is very robust, not to mention the wave 6/7 NH global pattern at that time. 

 

 

 

   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NWS really been missing bad all summer on rain and storm calls for DC proper. Missed a few that were significant and overreacting to each event that generally miss us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a pretty decent soaking here. The heaviest stuff has just missed my yard as usual, but picked up 0.42" and still raining. 0.90" total since last evening.

Too little, too late for most of my lawn, but at least I don't have to water the plants for a while, and my mood is better lol. I get grumpy when the rain shuts off for weeks in July and everything burns to hell.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Personally mby and all of Carroll Co doesn't really need the rain( July was wet ) . And I can speak for Northern Baltimore county + Frederick Co as well . I've had jobs in all these locations the past few weeks and ponds,creeks are at or above normal summer levels and everything is real green except isolated patches of brown grass here and there ...and mostly that's lawns that were scalped too too short ..I'll never understand why someone would cut the lawn to the dirt almost ( wait a minute..who am I kidding...I know the answer lol). I just like to see a old fashioned thunderstorm roll through.  Just had to stop back home for some parts and the ground is wet so a light shower must of came through ( .02) on the VP2. 

69/68 currently 

That must be in Northern Frederick Co. I am in the SW and we could really use a good soaker down here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

That must be in Northern Frederick Co. I am in the SW and we could really use a good soaker down here. 

Same here. Looks like it hasn't rain in 3 months here. The leaves will be gone by October at this rate. I can't remember last time the trees dropped so many leaves during middle of summer. Heat and dryness are stressing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5.23” imby for the month of July...occurring in 6 separate days. Not bad for July. While we could use another soaker here soon, the grass, weeds and underbrush are still lush green.

All of the rivers and larger creeks around the area are at the high end of summer flow levels. Perfect conditions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.