• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

August Discobs 2019

9 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

That must be in Northern Frederick Co. I am in the SW and we could really use a good soaker down here. 

Yes...I was speaking of Emmitsburg,  Thurmont,  Catoctins. Actually got a light shower here yesterday.  

• Like 1

Already 2500 surface Cape and decent lift over central Md this early in the day . Hopefully this sparks some more widespread showers .

78/74 currently 

Edit..

Mappyville already getting some pop ups

very run of the mill dc summer compared to last.  also finding that we get these periodic busted forecasts for storms.  have barely seen any rain the last few days.  not complaining too much, though, as it's helped keep the trails clean.

Heading north on 81 between Chambersburg and Carlisle. Just missing that cell to my West. Pretty impressive looking surprised it's not warned8c37b8880d6b0e129bc14d570c841070.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 6

That northern cell is strengthening a little and looks to be over Woodsboro and Keymar .

Outflow is going thru Frederick proper now. Maybe initiate something there 

26 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

If it's any consolation I'm getting missed to the south as well 

We just got a passing shower! Not much but I will take it as it has some lightning with it. 

Got almost nothing as nice looking cells missed in every direction.  Look at this shot!  This happens waaaaay too much to be just coincidence.  There is something really strange about this spot.  I've had ONE thunderstorm this whole summer.

image.png.daeaee92722dfea251ab45273c5c3714.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Got almost nothing as nice looking cells missed in every direction.  Look at this shot!  This happens waaaaay too much to be just coincidence.  There is something really strange about this spot.  I've had ONE thunderstorm this whole summer.

image.png.daeaee92722dfea251ab45273c5c3714.png

Current radar on radarscope shows it pouring just north of Germantown right now

Lot of action south of i70 . Winds out of the east past couple hours ..hardly ever fails . I never give up with that wind direction.  Congrats to those who got a nice hit .

Impressive wind driven storm just pulsed right overhead. Probably close to localized severe. 

Wild day at OC today.  Saw a small waterspout (photo below), then chaos ensued at the beach when the leading edge of the storm came through (video below)

568053141_OCWaterspout(8-4-19).thumb.JPG.fc43ae05d3d0517c7662f67538347ee3.JPG

• Like 5