Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. Threadex isn't very useful in Boston because of the huge difference in Logan vs the previous site. It was amazing that Feb 2015 nearly beat Feb 1934 despite the different location. If it had been the same, it definitely would have been a record like we saw at BDL and ORH. 

The 100F days are also affected. Harder to get at Logan of course than the previous site. 

Lets put a weather station on a tarmac feet from the ocean and use it as a database marker to respresent conditions in the city. I cringe every time the media says Boston is x temp or had x inches of snow. 

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Logan has to be the biggest joke of a city representative in the US

Agree!  I mean LAX vs the official site near downtown representative of LA wx.   LAX would often have a high of 73 while officially downtown and where most folks lived would be 10 degrees higher.   Same at BOS.   I’ve been 10+ higher multiple times this summer.

Everything is relative I guess...
I can count the days (one-hand) here that the temperature has failed to surpass 90F since May.
Ex: presently  T -  97F, Td - 78F, H.I  - 113F
But I did see the Stones, ate at a 5 star restaurant and realized I'm not 40 anymore last-night!  LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

I can count the days (one-hand) here that the temperature has failed to surpass 90F since May.
But I did see the Stones, ate at a 5 star restaurant and realized I'm not 40 anymore last-night!  LOL

Nice bro ,happy to  see you out and about. Rock on

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

My brother lives in Florida and he was laughing about how people react up here.. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lets put a weather station on a tarmac feet from the ocean and use it as a database marker to respresent conditions in the city. I cringe every time the media says Boston is x temp or had x inches of snow. 

Well the problem being it's not there for maintaining a weather record. It's there to control flight ops at BOS. Paying observers to hang around every major city to collect weather obs wasn't seen as a priority so they got cut. Automation FTW!

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nashua with a 93/77 ... ooph... 

That's amazing.  NWS site with a DP that high.   May be why they are 93 when KOWD/KBED/KFIT/KBOS are all 95 to 97/75-ish...

ASH is actually an AWOS, so a little grain of salt with the dew there. A lot of 77s at ASOSs though down in SNE and Tri-State area. That's real deal around here.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Well the problem being it's not there for maintaining a weather record. It's there to control flight ops at BOS. Paying observers to hang around every major city to collect weather obs wasn't seen as a priority so they got cut. Automation FTW!

ASH is actually an AWOS, so a little grain of salt with the dew there. A lot of 77s at ASOSs though down in SNE and Tri-State area. That's real deal around here.

Why not stick over at BU?

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Lol  we know