Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

To Brian’s point we need a more consistent 300 wind vector or even right of that to.  Not out of the question yet.

Yeah ...you and I were discussing that two hours back... the wind is 250-ish...Sure, if we can get a consistent katabatic direction -

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Convection forming NW of CT

Yes I've been trying to lay-down a hint-framework...

I mean much of the convection that's fired across everywhere in the last 24 hours was/had been poorly handled...so, seeing as we are in that same tube of deep tropospheric air movement, all conceits and respects due ... anyone that says it can't is full of shit.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So compare the magical 100 to winter, what temp would be as rare in Jerrys Boston

0 ...

I think so Steve.   I've been around this part of the counter for 35 years ...and that's hard. It usually hauls up at 0.05 F before it can - heh...

But, you know this ... it's silly in a way because Logan only matters to tarmac employees and curb side luggage drop off...  It's not really reflecting the city-scape ... Logan obsession over temp is sort of meaningless in a way.

CB on sat over easter NY is going to either race down the Pike and ruin this discussion for heat...or, debris down the Pike and dent this discussion for heat.  Not sure which... or if that's the beginning of some big poorly modeled, forecaster missed IR canopy bomb like they got in the mid west/Lakes last night.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

0 ...

I think so Steve.   I've been around this part of the counter for 35 years ...and that's hard. It usually hauls up at 0.05 F before it can - heh...

But, you know this ... it's silly in a way because Logan only matters to tarmac employees and curb side luggage drop off...  It's not really reflecting the city-scape ... Logan obsession over temp is sort of meaningless in a way.

As is most ASOS sites, they are for air travel. I need to find Bostons magical low temp on xmacis

Boy ... phew...  west to east up and down the length of Rt 2 here in N. Mass is just a flamin' corridor of sweaty, stingin' eyes and sawing cicada songs

96 on the average home stations around here and feels every f bit-a legitimate

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

CB on sat over easter NY is going to either race down the Pike and ruin this discussion for heat...or, debris down the Pike and dent this discussion for heat.  Not sure which... or if that's the beginning of some big poorly modeled, forecaster missed IR canopy bomb like they got in the mid west/Lakes last night.

Looking meh now

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Looking meh now

too bad... :)   I was kinda hopin'

I'm fascinating by heat Meteorology ... I didn't say I wanna live in it!

I remember one time ( in band camp...) when I was young... in Michigan. We were thick in it..   We had a derecho around 9pm that took 90/75 air ( still at that hour) and replaced it with 73/73 - type air... with 55 mph tree strainer gusts...  That's the the way to correct a day that's taken more than it's share

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

And of those 14 -10, only 3 have occurred at Logan.  Location a big deterrent.

Yep. Threadex isn't very useful in Boston because of the huge difference in Logan vs the previous site. It was amazing that Feb 2015 nearly beat Feb 1934 despite the different location. If it had been the same, it definitely would have been a record like we saw at BDL and ORH. 

The 100F days are also affected. Harder to get at Logan of course than the previous site.