Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I understand what you’re saying. But TBH, how many days are there MTN operations at 3-4K in 90 degree humidity? I could see that in BTV for sure, not in the Greens . 

The base area can get around 90F at 1,500ft but I think last summer set the 4kft all-time temp record of 84F or around there.  Obviously those days are 95+ at BTV.  

But I think the “outside” factor is where my obsession with dew points comes from.  Even 78/72 like last Friday before the storms was obnoxious outside.  I’d rather 85/48 all day long.  And it’s not as taxing on the staff.  

Unfortunately I don’t spend nearly as much time at 3-4kft all day anymore... moving up the chain into management keeps you in the base area and on the ground more.  Now the college kids and guys in their 20s get to enjoy the full day up high.  

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The base area can get around 90F at 1,500ft but I think last summer set the 4kft all-time temp record of 84F or around there.  Obviously those days are 95+ at BTV.  

But I think the “outside” factor is where my obsession with dew points comes from.  Even 78/72 like last Friday before the storms was obnoxious outside.  I’d rather 85/48 all day long.  And it’s not as taxing on the staff.  

Unfortunately I don’t spend nearly as much time at 3-4kft all day anymore... moving up the chain into management keeps you in the base area and on the ground more.  Now the college kids and guys in their 20s get to enjoy the full day up high.  

you're just an old fart now up there huh?:lol:

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It is easy to see who works outside or spends the most amount of time outside.  

I’d bet I spend more time outside than most  folks on this forum, if not spending the most time outside.  I find myself just wanting comfortable weather because of that.  

Whether it’s ski season or summer, my preferences tend to fall into the 20F to 75F range.  In winter I just need it cold enough to snow, and if it could be 28F for 4 months straight that would be perfect.  The desire to work and ski in sub-zero cold has been long gone.  I have no desire for arctic outbreaks for a month or two.  Just like doing summer operations at a humid 90F isn’t that fun and I have no desire for that for two months straight.  

Now, I get you folks that work inside at a stable, comfortable temperature all the time...I bet getting out of work and having that high variation (whether it’s 93F in July or -10F in January) makes things more interesting.  But spend most days out-of-doors over a decade and I bet the preferences start to migrate towards the more comfortable range and less on the extremes.

Anyway, 80/50...sunny... Top 10’er and time to get done, grab the dog and go for a hike to 3-4kft.

I’d bet I spend more time outside than most  folks on this forum, if not spending the most time outside.

First part most definitely, second part?  no ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most people like it. The only ones that don’t are the heavier soda drinkers and the like . They just struggle to live normal lives when there’s moisture in the air. Folks in shape enjoy and get out after it

Your fuked up. Lol like you are the spokesman and head polling director 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

Most people enjoy HHH. 

Got data?
80/50 here and quite nice.  Today has been on the border between mostly sunny and partly cloudy, while 6 of the 1st 8 days this month have been mostly to completely sunny.   Partly cloudy is the usual player for July-August - I've averaged just 4.3 days of sunny (which includes m.sunny in my data) in July and 20.5 PC days.  This year's 6 is already tied for 4th most in 22 Julys.  11 is tops, in 2010, but that year (my hottest month here) had humidity.  Would not mind breaking that sunny mark with some more low-dew warmth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I’d bet I spend more time outside than most  folks on this forum, if not spending the most time outside.

First part most definitely, second part?  no ;)

Awesome. Ha that was cocky of me but I also know Tamarack has logged more hours in the woods in his life than I can ever imagine.  

Looking back on some good times, here’s what my 20s pretty much were in the winter season.  Measuring snow, taking photos, ski area communications... this video from 5 years ago forgot to show posting on the wx forum:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think that’s too far from the truth in all seriousness. Though I’d wager it’s closer to 50/50, especially if people south of the Mason Dixon line were included . I guess the main point is though , on this forum , there’s going to be very few that like it . And there are plenty out there outside of our community that do like it. Interesting things to discuss during the summer . Nice to have you back 

Says the cubicle king, like Met who smokes Herb said, you need a larger circle of friends who actually work outside for a living. Minority like it HHH most like it like today. A perfect balance of Sun Heat and dry. Stop with the snowboard bullshit. We discuss all weather most love snowstorms more but that BS has to stop

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Maxed out at 84 today, love it. Few ticks warmer tomorrow with a slight bump in dews, still should be a good one....dry.

Hope not...  91 along Rt 2 up here in N. Mass... fine 'nough

1 hour ago, Dan76 said:

Shots-Bow..

Heh...

more likely, this new version of GFS is a POS, period...  If they let the Euro or GGEM run out that long, I wonder if they'd ever try to do that on the climate hottest N. H. day of the year. 

This model is going to be an absolute monster in the cold season... hell, it'll start roaring in earlier than that.

The EPS didn't look very remarkable... but was above normal suggestive, nonetheless -

wouldn't surprise me if there's third attempt at a heat wave out there ...  The first being the failure that will come of today tomorrow ...  Then ? maybe Thur-sat....  Then next week.  But, failed heat waves is usually also code for CG interludes ... so perhaps we bang like I never get to

• Haha 5

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh...y'ur coastal than... k -

Yeah, it's not "un"comfortable... per se. buut just assume the temp not rise any further.

I would like to keep it here too but personal preferences aside, above normal gon’ happen mid summer as you know. Yes, I consider this area coastal even though I’m at 600’. 

'Course... much of next week's particulars are likely going to evolve around whatever that TC does meandering west through the N. Gulf over the next bit.  That system lives unusually long in guidance ( weird) as it lifts up through the midriff regions and tries to block continental heat from pouring east during that flat ridge amplitude happening over top. It's unclear which will succeed...whether we can get a ribbon of dragon fart to rip east and get in here before that system's gums up the flow.   It's not ( obviously ..) even certain it will entangle with the westerlies up near the Lakes like that... but just sayn' as it looks now. If that feature isn't there, we may see a flat ridge big heat pulse more so than currently modeled...  The 12z Euro does in fact rip off a piece of EML/850 lava and gets in here prior -  ... ah hell, it's all way out there..

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The EPS didn't look very remarkable... but was above normal suggestive, nonetheless -

wouldn't surprise me if there's third attempt at a heat wave out there ...  The first being the failure that will come of today tomorrow ...  Then ? maybe Thur-sat....  Then next week.  But, failed heat waves is usually also code for CG interludes ... so perhaps we bang like I never get to

Apparently if you cut the soda and speed walk 2 miles at 5am you become an instant health guru ...and thus, can bang whenever you deem please. 

• Haha 3