Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

33 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

81/56, wow. Went to town and saw people lunching outside, runners running, dogs walking, landscapers landscaping...in the middle of a mid summer day no less. I even overheard the supply house guy tell his customer how great low humidity weather is for business as people are more active around their homes.

Another CoC summer day, check. 

Pics of the things you mentioned?

and when you move COC k goalposts sure today’s 91 at official CT station qualifies 

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Based on the below map...whether you live deep inside the forest or are tanning on the tarmac since the start of the month its been toasty based on the anomaly of the pattern

7dTDeptNRCC.png

It is an AN month and looks to continue being so.  One point though about the map, it's only through 7/7 which was Sunday morning.  It doesn't have the past two days of BN readings, particularly the coop stations which tempers some of those anomalies.  For myself, through this morning I'm running under 1° AN.  

4 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

It really affects out door dining at the local waterfront restaurants...might as well be raining.

Not one person enjoys 90/75, Not one, And if the say they do, I'll cal BS on it every time as they sit in the comforts of there window units or central air.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Not one person enjoys 90/75, Not one, And if the say they do, I'll cal BS on it every time as they sit in the comforts of there window units or central air.

I like it.  Exercise, sit outside, enjoy summer.  Sure I sweat-that’s why showers were invented.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I’d like to see those that claim they do, to show a pic or video of a good time (outside of beach or pool). I’d like to see smiles as they cut wood or mix cement in 90/75. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

It is an AN month and looks to continue being so.  One point though about the map, it's only through 7/7 which was Sunday morning.  It doesn't have the past two days of BN readings, particularly the coop stations which tempers some of those anomalies.  For myself, through this morning I'm running under 1° AN.  

Other than this past Saturday, I haven't felt like it's been that bad heatwise. Our high so far is 87F. Throw in the dews and humidity and the complaining starts

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I actually do. I never had AC on my own. 

From 2009-2013 with my mom we were on the second floor...didn't have AC in my room and it was 85-90 all summer and during the hottest periods 95-99 in my room. Then when I got my own apartment with my brother I didn't use AC either. I only got it b/c my girlfriend at the time said it was either get one or she was not staying. 

On my own I won't use A/C...only time is driving really but I just suck it up and deal with it. When most people walk outside and gasp it'snot a big deal to me b/c I'm not subjecting my body from a 65 room to 90 temperatures. 

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Other than this past Saturday, I haven't felt like it's been that bad heatwise. Our high so far is 87F. Throw in the dews and humidity and the complaining starts

I have cracked 90°F twice here, Last Friday and Saturday were not enjoyable, If i'm at the Lake, Ocean or a pool, Sure.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I like it.  Exercise, sit outside, enjoy summer.  Sure I sweat-that’s why showers were invented.

Most people like it. The only ones that don’t are the heavier soda drinkers and the like . They just struggle to live normal lives when there’s moisture in the air. Folks in shape enjoy and get out after it

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I actually do. I never had AC on my own. 

From 2009-2013 with my mom we were on the second floor...didn't have AC in my room and it was 85-90 all summer and during the hottest periods 95-99 in my room. Then when I got my own apartment with my brother I didn't use AC either. I only got it b/c my girlfriend at the time said it was either get one or she was not staying. 

On my own I won't use A/C...only time is driving really but I just suck it up and deal with it. When most people walk outside and gasp it'snot a big deal to me b/c I'm not subjecting my body from a 65 room to 90 temperatures. 

Instead of AC, Move to DC, Must be why you always bring up the plains weather and the southern states if you like it hot..................:lol:

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Most people like it. The only ones that don’t are the heavier soda drinkers and the like . They just struggle to live normal lives when there’s moisture in the air. Folks in shape enjoy and get out after it

not me. 6'1", 155lb cyclist and it's not super enjoyable peddling 75mi or more in the HHH. You're an anomaly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’d like to see those that claim they do, to show a pic or video of a good time (outside of beach or pool). I’d like to see smiles as they cut wood or mix cement in 90/75. 

well obv one's activities shall be tailored accordingly

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Must be why you always bring up the plains weather and the southern states if you like it hot..................:lol:

he must be young. I used to be more accepting of the HHH and not use the car A/C, and just roll the windows down cruising down the road. Like I was saving a bunch of fuel not using it. When you get older, it's more comfortable to just cool off whether driving or otherwise. The reverse isn't true, as I enjoy the cold, dry days of winter as most of us do here. 

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

not me. 6'1", 155lb cyclist and it's not super enjoyable peddling 75mi or more in the HHH. You're an anomaly.

There’s always a few that don’t fit the mold. But most that are shut ins during the long HHH summers we have fit the mold. The other thing to note is this is a winter board. Most posters here are cold wx lovers and snow lovers and hate summer. So you’re not going to find a lot that relish true summer wx. The same as if there was a summer wx forum , you wouldn’t find many winter lovers. I love snow and cold with the best of em. But I also love heat and humidity and getting out in it and living 

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

he must be young. I used to be more accepting of the HHH and not use the car A/C, and just roll the windows down cruising down the road. Like I was saving a bunch of fuel not using it. When you get older, it's more comfortable to just cool off whether driving or otherwise. The reverse isn't true, as I enjoy the cold, dry days of winter as most of us do here. 

He is, I worked outside year round for 30+ yrs, I would much rather it be Fall, Winter or spring, You can always keep warm in those seasons by working, Pretty much impossible other then stay hydrated then staying cool in the HHH of summer.

• Thanks 1