Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

9 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That can happen regardless of the brand, some odd breakdown, but the bad customer service is no excuse. They supposedly have great support but I get it, I wouldn’t care how many stars a company has either if they boned me. 

7 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Man that’s too bad.  I just had a bearing come loose in my Electrolux (part of Frigidaire) washing machine and caused the spin cycle to oscillate and caused all sorts of damage to the back of the machine.  It had a 1 year warranty and this was after 14 months.  The washer is said to last 7-10 years.  

I was 100% certain the company was going to bone me for being 2 months beyond the manufacturers warranty but lo and behold, the woman on the phone honored the warranty and on top of it gave us a free 3-year parts and service warranty (they sell it for like $200).  I was blown away.  

It ended up taking 3 weeks to fix due to needing a bunch of new parts, but the service guy said it was definitely a manufacture defect.  I’m not stoked on the quality after hearing that but the Frigidaire customer service won me over and it cost nothing out of pocket to fix.  

Funny how easy it is for a company to win customers over with stuff like that but it’s also so easy for a company to f*ck it up if not handled right.

I know there are always lemons no matter how good a brand may be but you are 100% correct about the customer service aspect.  I worked for several years after high school at an appliance and electronics store so I get that and like PF below my washer was just outside the 12 month warranty period so I didn't expect to get a brand new washer but I also didn't expect the big FU I got from their customer service.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve preached and warned them till we’re blue in the face. They’ve posted charts , fought it, pulled COC ks , but in the end ... Suddenly.... last summer 

I don't see last summer. Some signs it may cool off to start Aug, but that's far away. Next 2 weeks look very summery.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve preached and warned them till we’re blue in the face. They’ve posted charts , fought it, pulled COC ks , but in the end ... Suddenly.... last summer 

Yes, it was exhausting listening to the failed preaches since March. Finally summer does what summer does and somehow that’s an omen to your words. We are blessed. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't see last summer. Some signs it may cool off to start Aug, but that's far away. Next 2 weeks look very summery.

It’s been a brutal four months. If he wants to believe the sun is exploding and falling into the CTRV next week, as long as he his happy and gets to post ‘torch’......let him be.

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'll tell you...the Gulf of Mexico makes me super nervous. No wind shear, water temps about as hot as the breath coming out of Kevin's mouth...who's to say this can't undergo RI and blossom into a like a category 2? 

Question is how quickly it can get stacked. Looks like the centers are somewhat displaced at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Last summer is not walking through the door.  Last summer left the building.  Sure it's an AN stretch at peak climo but it doesn't look anything like last summer.  Obviously we both won't know until all is said and done but there will be breaks IMHO.

I find this subtlety intriguing... We seem to running two disparate longer-termed environmental forcing, concurrently.  I've expressed this opine in the past, and occasionally ... a model run saunters along and puts out a chart that rather nicely illustrates.  But, the short version goes like,  -AO/Solar Min -vs- GW.

Here is one time interval off the 00z GFS ...used arbitrarily ( not a declaration for determinism ) to elucidate the example:

image.thumb.png.f19c0238d9a17e2c973e81fe261608bd.png

The latitude of that jet depicted above is in part A  ... unusually far S,  and B, unusually powerful nearing the ides of summer.  Hard to know how much of A or B is the primary character.  It's some of both.  The AO at CPC has been predominately negative as of late... So that is consistent with a suppressed latitude above.   But also... I mentioned in a post yesterday that the GFS ensemble mean was trying to at last relax the flow. .. as suggested by the teleconnectors... clearly, the operational version isn't interested in relaxing the flow. 

Anyway, we still have huge heat south of the 40th parallel across the U.S. Both the GGEM and Euro operational runs have 18 C 850 thermal layout everywhere S of IND/NYC ..with embedded plumes clear to almost the mid 20's at that sigma level, from D5 or 6 to the end of the 00z run(s).  But this chart above is really protecting regions from S. Dakota -ORD-BOS by persistently ablating the air mass and shearing them off.  This jet above .. I like the metaphor of a circular sander grinding it ...  

Be that as it may, these runs get the BIG heat real close ... In fact, we should be IN the 90s at least once in that time frame from central NE south.  All the while that is happening, the actual ridge aspects of the wave signatures remain relatively flat.  Very delicate.  ... A slight modulation either way would make a 25 F difference in sensible weather.  

I think -AO is in conflict with a warming world?  More so than less.. . yup.  I think we have been seeing a preponderance of these fast flow regimes... particularly in winters.. Man! But, seeing this linger into the summer is strange.  In a -AO hemisphere ... sped up flow may be more common anyway, ... suppressing cooler heights into the 60-40th  band will tend to increase the total gradient --> increased balanced geostrophic wind.  But with GW going on... the supposition is that it's enhancing that overall effect.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

When I look into your eyes,

I can see the heat restrained.

But Runaway' when I hold you

Don't you know I feel the same.

Nothin' last forever,

And we know H5 can change.

And it's hard to not install

When the heat come from the Plains.

Gold