• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

June 29-30 2019 Thunderstorms

38 minutes ago, w1pf said:

Was out in the car on Rt. 9 in Amherst about 1:30... woah! what a downpour.. lots of pea-size hail, some nickel size or larger. I think I got a dent in my hood from one of the larger chunks.

Going up the hill from amherst media to the train overpass, there was a good 3-4in of water flowing down the hill.. I have never seen that much water on a non-level road before.

Davis IMBY shows a peak rate of 4.8in/hr at 1:35

Wound up pretty nicely.   Classic hail look, similar to 8/1/11 which produced half dollars nearby.   Nexrad showed 65 dBZ.  This from the radar locally.  

2006122420_Capture_2019-06-30-14-48-39_crop_16.thumb.png.9ef078030fe8a77ff98f1fff7db09760.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Nice. You are in the Lowell area right?

Right on cue the cells moving into Boston Metro and North Shore just got warned.

Yeah, I am near the Tewksbury/Wilmington line. I bet they had a good storm on the N shore. Not sure if anyone had severe, haven't seen reports...

8 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

Incredible rain and wind with this cell. Not really any thunder or lightning though. got unpacked just time

Any estimate on the winds or any damage?

Sitting at gate at Logan heading back to DFW and watching the storm out of the big windows in Terminal B. It literally collapsed...

Oh well, I see plenty of storms in DFW. 

Just now, sbos_wx said:

Storm was typical garbage. Figures I missed the good one yesterday. 

It pulsed down over my house and looks to be rebuilding over near Scott. 

Any estimate on the winds or any damage?
No damage on our little street. Can't speak for the rest of town. Dirt road is pretty flooded, but that's normal. The wind and rain were crazy for about 10 minutes.

7 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

Sitting at gate at Logan heading back to DFW and watching the storm out of the big windows in Terminal B. It literally collapsed...

Oh well, I see plenty of storms in DFW. 

Yeah, especially this year.  Severe thunderstorms 10 out of the last 12 weekends by my count, and 5 straight.  

Lotta meh here, 0.06" 1-1:30 PM then cloudy low-mid-60s as the final echoes pass to west (mostly) and east.  P&C says showers likely well into the evening, radar says "Where?"  At least we reached garden variety TS last evening.