Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Midweek event, Yah or Nah? February 27-28th Clipper

USCAPEWEATHERAF

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Euro has held serve for multiple runs now.  Harv had a general 2-5 across most of SNE.

Yeah I think 2-5 is a pretty good forecast right now. Should be a pretty good 4 hour period of solid lift with a deep DGZ so I expect that most areas should clear 2"...except maybe the south coast of CT...esp SW CT where dryslot punches in early. 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Still not very impressed down this way. Looks like it could be a bit more decent across the Berks (maybe 3-6'' there?) and across ORH hills. Thinking I'll wake up with like 0.8' of snow on the windshield tomorrow. Could probably blow it off with my breath. 

Timing 

Just now, dendrite said:

This antecedent airmass is pretty dry, but we'll turn the flow a bit SE ahead of it to moisten things up a bit. The best forcing right now is through MA. That's a deep DGZ so those with the best forcing will maximize their QPF. Enjoy the fluff and the fact it will be all snow.

That's why I'm not so bullish down here...seems like the best forcing is either north or it's very sporadic down this way. The GFS though did get 15 units of omega into the SGZ at BDL for a brief time tomorrow night. 

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That’s far from futility (lowest ever) most likely

To be honest, I'm not sure what the historical numbers are for this region. I was transplanted here 5 years ago and my lowest has been 39" (2015/16). My lowest number (36 years) living in the mid atlantic region was 7.6" in 1997/98...I guess the buildup to this season + seeing everywhere else get snow + having plenty of cold air + plus a ton of precip all winter (in liquid form) when added to the futility equation ranks this one up pretty high despite the overall snow numbers not being the lowest ever. Maybe a 20+inch storm to bookend this season might help overall? sorry :offtopic: