Just now, Ji said:
14 minutes ago, ravensrule said:
He is fine. 

He likes the attention

Don't confuse him with yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't confuse him with yourself.
You dont leave the board during a major event as a top poster and not expect everyone to beg you to come back

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

Sad to watch the GFS be so inconsistent run to run. Not even similar to 18z overall. 

pretty similar to 18z through 66 hrs. Thump incoming. 

Just now, MD Snow said:

Seems to be a more west to east progression of the precip once it gets to our latitude.

Just now, MD Snow said:

Precip axis is not aimed at us in a fashion like the NAM/ICON. Moves in more west to east, warm at surface by 72. Less snow overall vs 18z

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Sad to watch the GFS be so inconsistent run to run. Not even similar to 18z overall. 

It's actually been very consistent at putting the heaviest WAA snows in a narrow Harrisonburg-EZF corridor.

• Like 4

Maybe it’s more IMBY in nature, but I don’t like the evolution on the GFS as much 0z vs 18z. 

We know it’s not going to do as well with CAD, but I want the SW to NE progression overall. 

As usual it’s a bit hard to decipher, but I think HM’s tweet here relates to what the GFS might be hinting at. 

if you’re in the band, you’re busting high with good ratios and dynamics.  GFS wants to put it in north-central VA, NAM has it between DC and the M/D. If you’re not, it’s gonna be weak sauce with sh*tty ratios. 

As some have mentioned, the band(s) of stronger rates of snow won’t be fully known until gametime... so not surprised the models, like the GFS, continue to move around a bit and place heavier areas of snow at different places. That’s why they are used as guidance, but not gospel. GFS still produced good snows for Wednesday. 

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

BWI: 8.7” + 0.24” FRZA

I would take that in a heartbeat.  (Although to be honest, a quarter inch of freezing rain is beautiful, but miserable for lots of people.)

• Like 1