Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Re-Awakening - February 12-14th Redeveloper

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

True, I forget you guys are probably a few hours later arrival over there. 

I think my shocked expression was more just from even considering an Advisory for like a 1.25" frozen QPF event, when Advisories also get issued for trace amounts of freezing drizzle. 

Yeah, We don't start here until 0z tomorrow night.

Just now, powderfreak said:

True, I forget you guys are probably a few hours later arrival over there. 

I think my shocked expression was more just from even considering an Advisory for like a 1.25" frozen QPF event, when Advisories also get issued for trace amounts of freezing drizzle. 

Has to be more of a confidence issue than timing. Coos and NW ME have warnings where the confidence is higher even though it’ll start later there. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, tamarack said:

3-7 then 4-8 for New Sharon.  Six miles west, Farmington is 4-8 then 3-7.  Rangeley same as New Sharon.  Computers are funny.  90%/expected/10% for Farmington now 9/11/17, quite the top end for a SWFE.

Like i was saying earlier, The map was going to get a cute look to it.

image.thumb.png.61a448d2ef0642aca89d14c3b187ecc6.png

10 minutes ago, RI Rob said:

Hate being that guy to ask but do we think they'll be any lingering travel impacts into Weds? Anniversary trip with my girlfriend and we fly out of Logan at 7am..

You're prob ok at 7am. There's a low prob of a cold tuck as secondary passes but it doesn't look classic so I think it prob wouldn't matter anyway for Logan. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When does interior SNE hit 32? Post fropa Wed?

Depends where. I could see CT valley going to 33F and rain by 06z tomorrow night as the dewpoints drain cuts off at the ORH hills as the cold layer becomes shallower and shallower. Higher terrain may wait longer since 950 is coldest. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Greenfield made the early dismissal call for tomorrow at 1pm today to give parents plenty of warning.  Not much else they could do if it moves in like a wall at lunch time, don't want buses on the road.

Yup. A bunch of districts in my area (3 of our 4 in our house so far) have done that.  Wise idea.  

I might throw back a couple in their honor tonight

• Like 1