Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

5 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Trending back to good?

Clearly worse for the DC area, but better for New England. No surprise there. At least it's pretty consistent with the snow over Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, and Lake Ontario. ;) 

But seriously, let's wait it out, these things are tricky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowdude said:

Clearly worse for the DC area, but better for New England. No surprise there. At least it's pretty consistent with the snow over Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, and Lake Ontario. ;) 

But seriously, let's wait it out, these things are tricky.

We have been fortunate this year, maybe we keep the streak going

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Just finished two Aslin IPAs that were victim of the shitmaltz ordered earlier in 2018. So disappointing....but it’s beer. :lol:

No idea what’s going to happen with this storm, but drinking makes it all better.

Beer makes the world go round...and also causes the NAO to go negative. :P 

It’s going to snow. At some point. I know it!

I'll just throw this out there... about 90% of the eps members are much colder and snowier/icier than the gfs/gefs. I clicked through the members and many solutions have a more typical CAD signature with surface temps. Here's the snow meteo for my yard. Many of the solutions have a period of zr with the surface freezing line south of DC at 6z tuesday.

I4plSXY.png

Gfs might be right with the trend towards warmer and rainier but until the eps caves to that solution I'm not writing anything off. If anything there's a stronger case for colder frozener before the inevitable flip to rain. I won't be surprised with any outcome but I'm not doom and gloom at all right now.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

Through 51 hrs nam is slightly colder at the surface and has a slightly better CAD signature. 

For better or worse we are going to have to wait for the mesos on Sunday to give us a better idea of what’s going to fall from the sky. I think Ji to Bob chill and North are going to be in decent shape. Us DC South folks are going to need some significant CAD to get in the action

Icon looks good for snowfall north of dc with the first wave. It’s not as cold at the surface as 18z. But more in line with other models. It has been on the colder side of guidance. 

Through 84 hrs it keeps areas from the cities north and west below freezing. 

Through 90 hrs LPC is 11 mb weaker and in Indiana instead of Illinois. Lol. 

Through 96 surface is gone except for extreme northwestern md. 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Ukie at 72 surface panel looks like its lining up to be pretty hefty qpf wise 

Monday morning looks good as well.  Still waiting on temps but don’t see a lot of changes. Going down with the ship I suppose.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic