Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1, 2019 Clipper Snow

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

It's the HRRR at the end of it's run but it's looking south...like of DC to start...wondering if the system is south because it's getting shoved south by the HP southern pa/northern md.

There’s enough uncertainty I think as far South as Fredericksburg is still in the game for a coating to an inch. I think the special weather statement does a good job. It favors the northern areas (70%) but leaves the door open for us South of DC.

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Euro actually looks a little better although I can't see the high-res QPF maps on SV.  Less than 0.1 but at least has precip over us. 

Further south than 0z and awfully light but every little bit counts

063313A4-AFAA-491D-A02A-3BE8FC1F474B.png

17z HRRR has light snow developing in north central VA at 09z and moving north/expanding in size for the last few hours of the run

I feel like I’ve been paged by you and Tenman. Exciting. Seems to be virga over MBY but it’s a start. First model showing something down here. Very interested in what 18z shows.

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I feel like I’ve been paged by you and Tenman. Exciting. Seems to be virga over MBY but it’s a start. First model showing something down here. Very interested in what 18z shows.

I mean this isn't a huge event. So I'm all in for weenie hallucinations etc. Bring it! I want snow however big or small...

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic