• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hybrid Clipper Event 1/27-1/29

Baum

Fairly good agreement on a track near or north of I-80, at this time. ORD to GRB is probably a good guess for a zone of heavier snows right now. For us south of the track, time to close the shades. Maybe peek out on Sunday afternoon or evening, just to make sure. Alas, hopefully rainfall here is light. Don’t want a repeat of the last event here. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Fairly good agreement on a track near or north of I-80, at this time. ORD to GRB is probably a good guess for a zone of heavier snows right now. For us south of the track, time to close the shades. Maybe peek out on Sunday afternoon or evening, just to make sure. Alas, hopefully rainfall here is light. Don’t want a repeat of the last event here. :thumbsdown:

DTX said this about track, though not sure if it will apply out your way...

The wide moisture swath across
southern Lower Michigan appears to be less dependent on the precise
track of the surface low at this stage in the forecast which
suggests increasing potential for substantial/headline worthy snow
accumulation Monday through Monday night.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChiTownSnow said:

Interesting. Pretty big difference between what his graphic showed last night. More south.   Going against the model trends.  Skilling doesn't often put these out anymore either. Usually done by his team.

I'd be surprised if Skillings involvement is much more than looking at the work his team has done and saying "yeah, that's not stupid - go ahead"

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DaveNay said:

I'd be surprised if Skillings involvement is much more than looking at the work his team has done and saying "yeah, that's not stupid - go ahead"

True.  At the very bottom they put who it was written by. This one was written Tom and Bill Snyder.  Bringing back the big boys for this one :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveNay said:

I no longer follow Tom much, but would find it hard to believe he isn't deep into what is going to be out there. He's too much of a weather geek. Perhaps he incorporates some old school gut meteorology into the equation as opposed to simple model worship.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Yea I'm not buying a track this north at all. I truly think the baroclinic zone will be further south. Hopefully in the coming days models will correct south

It may correct south, but I think it's safe to say the farthest south the main/heaviest snowfall axis will set up is I-80.

• Like 3