Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14, 2019 Storm Discussion STORM MODE

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, CarLover014 said:

Hoping to get at least an inch or two in South NJ

I think coastal SE NJ and Delaware has a shot at heavy banding making it on shore from the coastal, especially if this trend continues. Not looking great for inland areas north of the del memorial. 

• Like 1

Nam is still struggling at the surface as to where the slp should be. This run could have been much much bigger for all. I suspect the "better" models will do better with it. There really is nothing preventing this storm from coming north. 

5 minutes ago, Beachin said:

Nam is still struggling at the surface as to where the slp should be. This run could have been much much bigger for all. I suspect the "better" models will do better with it. There really is nothing preventing this storm from coming north. 

Except for the strong confluence in New England and a mainly west to east  500 mb setup  

• Like 3

Just now, Yeoman said:

Due to the NWS relationships we have on the board we know we can safely toss the NAM and GFS, only if it looks worse of course. 

if i were in DC, I'd be hugging all the morning runs. They look great for you guys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

3k gets DC in on the coastal action. Much improved over 06z.

I think anybody between dc and Baltimore will do just find knowing model bias to be too weak / south. WAA is always more robust, temps are always lower than progged and the low is always father north. I’d say 9/10 times this is the case. 

12 minutes ago, mappy said:

if i were in DC, I'd be hugging all the morning runs. They look great for you guys. 

Not sure I like the trend towards more coastal development for us up here.  Our best shot was the WAA wave but that will shut off a little faster as the coastal takes over and so we are seeing the gradient tighten up...that could be good for DC and bad for us.  Still time for another shift or two but not in love with the new look right now.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Not sure I like the trend towards more coastal development for us up here.  Our best shot was the WAA wave but that will shut off a little faster as the coastal takes over and so we are seeing the gradient tighten up...that could be good for DC and bad for us.  Still time for another shift or two but not in love with the new look right now.  

yeah its pretty lame for us, but i'll take whatever falls. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

yeah its pretty lame for us, but i'll take whatever falls. 

We won't need a ton of qpf if we get higher ratios...so if we can get a small bump to like .3 we could get 3-5" up here...but if the coastal continues to trend stronger but not strong enough to influence us that could kill our area if it robs the lift and moisture transport from the WAA wave to the north sooner and everything collapses south as the ccb develops.  If that ccb then does us no good we end up with weak sauce up here.  

On the other hand... we are not within another 30-40 mile bump north from having a very good result even up here so its not impossible.  We have seen it many times...we had about that much of a north adjustment at the end on the Dec 9 storm only it did us no good since we were 100 miles out of the game that time.  

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF locked this topic