• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

Just now, Scraff said:

The server may implode if happy hour GFS comes in strong.  Fingers crossed...

If the server is gonna implode due to the traffic on this site then there is something wrong the underlying deployment architecture and application that drives this site.  I write web application and APIs for a livings and regularly load test with thousands of concurrent requests against instances running on my mac book pro... 

Lets say the GFS goes ape sh%t and drops 23 inches on DCA.. and 120 weenies upload the snow map within a one minute timeframe.. thats really not that big of a load.... I would love to rewrite this board and host on the amazon...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Goofy run.  Looks so much better aloft than what transpires at the surface.  Hell, surface looks great through about 60 hours.  Confluence from the northeast seems slight better if anything from 12z, no worse at the very least.  

Overall it was a better run than 12z in the upper levels. Easily could have been a better qpf producer than what was shown. I dont see the run as any kind of step back or warning sign. If all guidance starts shearing out the frontrunning waa piece i'll think differently. In my eyes it was a step closer to ccb striping

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic