• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I think the GFS was better all around. It held the waa snow together a little better and then had the coastal low closer to the coast.

Strongly agree.  I know it's getting near the end of the usefulness for the ensembles... but GEFS should be real interesting 

• Like 2

Just now, 87storms said:

goal posts are narrowing on a md and/or va special.  tbd on whether this nudges north some.  it's a slightly better run than 18z for dc proper.

@Bob Chill

It will nudge north the last 36 hours.  Bob I know you have said the last 72 and for a long time that was the rule but I've noticed the last 3/4 years, since about 2015, it's been the last 36 and that nudge north is more like 39-60 miles not 50-100 anymore.  But it's still real. If we are still sitting this close to that higher qpf stripe at 48 out I feel good. So far (other than some jv players) there hasn't been a south move to take us out of the game for that bump to place us into the max snowfall band. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Nope. I'm just huggin the euro. Gfs. Looks similar now. You can hug the screwed up dual low cmc. Model is missing the tranfer physics tonight. 

LOL that 2nd low delivers some more snow to us after our 6-8. gem_mslp_pcpn_neus_19.png

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, i like it. I thought the 18z should have done the same thing. All in all things look pretty good. Unless you expect 8-12". That's gonna hurt on sunday.

i blame PSU for whipping out the CIPS stuff when he knew that 500s didnt support it

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Folks will not let me forget last month, will they? Smh Gonna be trolled for the rest of the winter. Unnecessary...I ain't gone off once since. Now every one of my questions is being treated in the context of last month.

I was being serious. Not about up all night that's just a saying but about how this could fall apart if it did. I'm not predicting that but one thing I do every threat is determine what our most likely way to get screwed is so that I can see it right away if things start to unravel. Way too often I'm right about the "how it will fall apart" thing when I wish I was always wrong.  Always bet against snow here and you will look smart most of the time!

• Like 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

@Bob Chill

It will nudge north the last 36 hours.  Bob I know you have said the last 72 and for a long time that was the rule but I've noticed the last 3/4 years, since about 2015, it's been the last 36 and that nudge north is more like 39-60 miles not 50-100 anymore.  But it's still real. If we are still sitting this close to that higher qpf stripe at 48 out I feel good. So far (other than some jv players) there hasn't been a south move to take us out of the game for that bump to place us into the max snowfall band. 

I strongly believe we will either be within the general max stripe (however much that is) or just to to the north of it. Feeling like a nice to look at and watch event is a lock at this point. 2" covers the grass and like nearly all of our forum members have a really good chance at that. Upside is there but i'll wait until really short range has that figured out. 

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic