• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

Solid trends tonight at h5 and 500. confluence a bit relaxed, things a bit more amped, a bit north, and the low seems to be going to OBX. The question is can the energy catch up, phase, and bomb out before it’s too late? Or does this slide south of us and never get captured. 

Come on euro... CAVE! 

3-6” area wide is my first call, with highest amounts in dc N VA and S MD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Looks great to me with room to improve. Trend is friend. We're lasering in it seems. .5 qpf in dc might be becoming more likely than less

Absolutely.  Euro, GFS, and UK all show some room for improvement...add in the north shift within 48 hours and can’t help but feel 2-4” may be too low a forecast for DC.  

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

We need euro to give a bit, otherwise I’m still not buying the improvements. As bob said, it’s  been insanely consistent. The caveat is that the euro is not the king it used to be by any means. If NAM inside 60 shows the euro solution, we’re  in trouble. 

I guess I’m not really following this...are you saying the Euro isn’t a good look?  Last few runs have fluctuated between 0.4-0.6” QPF.  EPS continues to improve.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jayyy said:

We need euro to give a bit, otherwise I’m still not buying the improvements. As bob said, it’s  been insanely consistent. The caveat is that the euro is not the king it used to be by any means. If NAM inside 60 shows the euro solution, we’re  in trouble. 

4 minutes ago, jayyy said:

IMHO, were in a great spot at this stage. Model bias with this setup is almost always to be too flat underneath, and therefor underamplifying up stream. Looking good for central Maryland and points south. I am concerned for a PSU area fringe job. 

2 minutes apart but worlds apart.

• Like 2

I’ve been seeing two different worlds on the models for days. I do agree with the fact that trend has been good since 12z. What I mean is that I’m weary of what the euro was showing for days straight. I feel much better about the storm tonight than I did last night  

I worked from 6a- 1030p. I’m tired sorry haha

1 minute ago, jayyy said:

I’ve been seeing two different worlds on the models for days. I do agree with the fact that trend has been good since 12z. What I mean is that I’m weary of what the euro was showing for days straight. 

I worked from 6a- 1030p. I’m tired sorry haha

Got it now.  Sure, always best to be skeptical until you see snow falling from the sky.  But hard to bet against the Euro within 100 hours of the storm.  Also starting to see the goalposts tighten on the other models.  I think we’re in a good spot.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I can extrapolate about .47qpf on the ukie and 12:1 ratios = 5.6" in my yard. Ukie and euro aren't far apart. At least for another 30 mins

Don’t you go jinxing us!! I hope to god the euro trends even better. If it shows a 3-6” event, I’m sold on a moderate event for DC - baltimore 

• Confused 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic