• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Yep. If the other guidance moves to that solution tonight we might be in trouble again. When it was diving that energy in behind in previous runs I was hopeful that given the typical trend towards a more amplified system in the end game we would be ok. But if that's coming down in front like last time then we have the same exact problem as December only with an even weaker system this time. That wouldn't work. That would leave us with only the weak NS wave that runs out ahead. Hopefully the jv models injected some bad mojo. 

Looks okay at hr 78...we shall see.

At 90 the faster progression of the coastal has the precip the furthest north its been in 4 runs
Low position is also the furthest north being over ENC

96 its definitely trending north now 4 runs in a row precip goes further north.

34 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It's losing its upper level support as the flow gets compressed and starts to de amplify and its running into resistance at the surface from the apps and the high pressure and so it jumps to the next least hostile environment which is the barclinoc zone along the coast. 

The jump isn't the problem. Some of our big storms take that track. The problem is the storm is washing out and the lift mechanisms are dying.  In simplistic terms the initial wave from the west is dying as it approached and the new low developing on the coast is too weak to do much for us until it's too late. 

If you want to keep yourself up all night out total fail scenario would be for the initial waa wave to either die or ride to our north with minimal impact and then the coastal to develop too late and we end up in a snow hole. 

Folks will not let me forget last month, will they? Smh Gonna be trolled for the rest of the winter. Unnecessary...I ain't gone off once since. Now every one of my questions is being treated in the context of last month.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic