Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ringing in a new year--can we ring in a new winter? 12/31-1/1 Glop and Wind Obs

moneypitmike

Just now, Skivt2 said:

Raining at Pico.  2000k or so

What's the temp up there?  Just rain or freezing rain?  I forget if Pico faces east or west. 

We are seeing huge wet aggregates up here right now...quarters falling now after it had mixed to sleet and even some rain drops mixed in, guess the increased lift in this band has helped.  Very dense accumulations though so totals will still be low.

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Looks to changing over to rain for the final time here in southern Vermont. About a half inch of sleet/snow. Underperformer here. You know it’s been ruff when I’m looking at snow that fell in November 

Yeah, I'm fine with rain here when it is snowing there but December has not worked out for anywhere S of Killington.  We had .25" sleet and I'm glad it's raining now.   An 1" of glop followed by rain and freeze would have been unwelcome.  December may have sucked for snow here but I got in some easy bushwhacking, exploring the local hills while not worrying about ticks and other unfriendly fauna and flora.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

About damn time.

Nice to have a live Cam at that spot, love eating /drinking lunch there, such an expansive view. Pretty windy spot, my favorite lift, high speed quad which is ski on almost every time I have been there midweek, hidden from the big lifts and great to rip laps with a couple of gnarly bump runs thrown in. What surprises me is a place like Stowe with no live Cam