• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2019

Upstate Tiger

I like the fact that we are not seeing the prospects of an unending torch or stranded in the wasteland of a bad pattern that takes weeks to get out of.  I'm not too excited for the 21st period right now, but we're in a pattern for the foreseeable future where a storm can pop up quickly.  Timing will be key, as usual.  But with the possibilities of real blocking forming down the line, we might be on the cusp of a really good window for big winter weather near or just after the flip of the calendar.  Sure has a different feel from Decembers in recent memory.

You said it CR, what is a major flip from years prior is no sign of our old buddy twins the SER and WAA... We actually have a legit shot for once (Remember: the Coastal Crusher last year was on Jan.3rd-5th)

Sent from my A577VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

For those of us in the school system this amount can be trouble.

Also for us in the Ice & Snow management business it helps to be aware. I have been coming to this site and others for years to be ahead of the curve! But lately it seems like their is more complaining than weather forecasting. I hope people will be more concerned about weather in general than in their back yard. I don't post as much as I use the site for information. I would do some advertising But no one seems to be interested in taking my money.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

The 12z EURO is almost laughable compared to the other modeling... it barely has any precip in the US after early next weeks rain.

Anomalously quiet in the lower 48 on the Euro during that time frame.  It could be right, but how often is the entire country that quiet in mid December?

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

• Like 1

• Wow unpinned and locked this topic