Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 15-16 First Frozen Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

8 minutes ago, das said:

Same in Clarksburg. Still all snow in Germantown as I drive south. I will report back where it changes to sleet mixed in when I see that happen.

And for everyone else, don’t forget to submit your mPING reports  as the storm transitions through its lifecycle. Those reports will make the numerical weather forecast that much better.

I'll be watching for those updates and comparing to Radarscope.  My parents in northern Calvert are right on the border of green/blue and they do have a mix.

Sleet just mixed in just NE Germantown, 30 degrees, 1"

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Mix line showing up nicely on CC radar. Runs along 66 in VA and Rt 50 in MD. Not sure what’s south of there. Just sleet?  I imagine we’re going to be rate dependent for the next couple hours.

I'm in southern Charles county due east of Quantico across the river and its Sleet and Rain mixed.

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Mix line showing up nicely on CC radar. Runs along 66 in VA and Rt 50 in MD. Not sure what’s south of there. Just sleet?  I imagine we’re going to be rate dependent for the next couple hours.

Wife said sleet at home and I'm south of that so can confirm

While out and about had sleet move in about 8:15. Probably an hour and a half sooner then what the models had. No surprise there. Snow mixed in fairly quickly and am looking a moderate snow at this point though somewhat icy with a few fattys mixing in. Non-paved surfaces are already covered. Temp is at 30 with a brisk E/NE wind.

1 hour ago, supernovasky said:

I was half convinced I'd been lied to that it actually snows more than 3" here. It didn't help Louisiana friends were sending pictures of 6" snowfalls the last 2 years.

Not DCA that place is satans snow anus but this area in general actually gets a lot of big snowstorms and snow years compared to many places...even colder snowier ones in general. But our snow comes in spurts with often long droughts in between. We dont do regularity well but when we go we go big. 

ETA:  depends when people are here. A friend from Brazil came to stay with me during his "summer" break in 2002/3 and thought I lived at the North Pole. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic