Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The three weenies (Kev, Ginx, and T-Blizz) may have some sneaky potential. We obviously stated the caveats, but some guidance really thumps there. Ignore the snow weenie algorithms,  but it shows it.

Ive been liking this Ferrier correction snow maps.

Here's the 12z high-res NAM... the normal snow map is like 6-12" everywhere.

IMG_1233.thumb.PNG.0fed75a88a573d48380e6dddd28c917d.PNG

Just need the low to track ever so slightly east with the WAA and we then end up geting a colder solution than we have right now.  Hopfully this is the beging of coming attractions what will end up being a snowy winter here in the Central and Southern New England region.

The RGEM is definitely breathtaking, but one should demand a bit more evidence before running with it. One good thing is that the euro has generally been on its side...maybe not quite as robust but definitely in that general ballpark. We'll see what the 12z run does shortly. 

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is probably going to be a season that manufactures plowable out of a quail queef.

Yeah it has that feeling. Been about 3.5 years since we had that kind of mojo in SNE. Only downside is it will do a number on work and sleep.

Won't be available to do Euro PBP but there is fairly decent guidance consensus now that GFS has trended favorably. If Euro holds or continues to tick colder, we may see watches in interior later today. Even with the caveat that we have little buffer at 800-700mb in that critical 3z-6z window.

i know I've mentioned Dec 2005 as at least a partial analog (...mainly because of the 500 mb wave translation..) but, this layout of ptype cartoons are starting to remind me of that Thanks Giggety storm of two years ago ... cut power for a few places in the interior.  

or was that 4 years ago ? ...damn

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Yeah it has that feeling. Been about 3.5 years since we had that kind of mojo in SNE. Only downside is it will do a number on work and sleep.

Won't be available to do Euro PBP but there is fairly decent guidance consensus now that GFS has trended favorably. If Euro holds or continues to tick colder, we may see watches in interior later today. Even with the caveat that we have little buffer at 800-700mb in that critical 3z-6z window.

wow ... you really nailed it down!   heh

3 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

I feel pretty good about the mid levels where I am.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The three weenies (Kev, Ginx, and T-Blizz) may have some sneaky potential. We obviously stated the caveats, but some guidance really thumps there. Ignore the snow weenie algorithms,  but it shows it.

As I said yesterday. I like the potential here. Could be a sneaky nice event if things break right. No Debby here 

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I bet you get 4-8.

Yeah he may hold off the pingers until after 06z. That is the key. He should def get advisory if that happens and a reasonable shot at 6"+. I think the evidence for a stronger thump is becoming clearer...the biggest question still remaining is the temp profiles. The precip/qpf should be there...we just need midlevels to cooperate long enough. There's a huge difference in flipping to sleet by, say, 02z or 03z in the pike region versus 05z-06z. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah he may hold off the pingers until after 06z. That is the key. He should def get advisory if that happens and a reasonable shot at 6"+. I think the evidence for a stronger thump is becoming clearer...the biggest question still remaining is the temp profiles. The precip/qpf should be there...we just need midlevels to cooperate long enough. There's a huge difference in flipping to sleet by, say, 02z or 03z in the pike region versus 05z-06z. 

If we start the season with a SWFE la nina type undertone, then go typical weak nino, I may clean up.