Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 15 Snow/Ice Chance

showmethesnow

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

GFS pretty close to 6z. Maybe a touch warmer. Better for the far N+W crew because precip comes in faster resulting in more snow to start.

Nice.  We all gotta stay grounded and realize that for most folks, an inch or two on the sidewalks, cars, etc is all we're gonna see.  This is early season pre-gaming with house money.

• Like 3

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Nice.  We all gotta stay grounded and realize that for most folks, an inch or two on the sidewalks, cars, etc is all we're gonna see.  This is early season pre-gaming with house money.

It may happen that way, but I do not agree at all that that is all we may see.  This has the potential to be a good winter storm.  This is a much bigger threat IMO than Oct of 2011 was. And we are already midway through November.

Good trends and a good chance.

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

It may happen that way, but I do not agree at all that that is all we may see.  This has the potential to be a good winter storm.  This is a much bigger threat IMO than Oct of 2011 was. And we are already midway through November.

I've learned to keep my expectations in the basement in before December 5th and after St. Patrick's Day.  Anything more than an advisory level event on the book ends of the season is great.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

We have TOO long for this to reverse trends! Seen it so many times! We get sucked in, and then... Well a picture is worth a 1000+ words in the Mid Atlantic and weather models! But if it trends better and better, well then I like this winter already!

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Can you look at this, in all honesty, and say that most people on this sub forum will see more than an inch or two?

I’m all for positivity, and I know 1987 happened, but sometimes we have to be realists first and base our expectations on the information coming in.

6 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Can you look at this, in all honesty, and say that most people on this sub forum will see more than an inch or two?

I’m all for positivity, and I know 1987 happened, but sometimes we have to be realists first and base our expectations on the information coming in.

wnwxluvr is in a PRIME spot for this event. You and me? heh... aww hellz nooes mang

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mattie g said:

To be honest, I usually only look at where I live.  I think most of us do that.

My expectation is that this resembles Dec 26, 2013 for most of the area.  That storm was a different setup as it was a TN valley storm that jumped to the coast, and a more pronounced CAD, but I think this storm may be very similar in the weather that we see.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic