• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 15 Snow/Ice Chance

showmethesnow

Does Weatherbell snow maps still include sleet and freezing rain as snow?
I would assume it does looking at that?

It definitely does....in marginal events it’s tough to get an handle on what each member is actually depicting unless you dig deep into each one individually. IMO, the only takeaway is that things again trended colder/more frozen than 12z.
  • Like 3

18z Euro has precip onset just after 12z Thursday.  A few hours of mix for the cities before changeover to rain.  Surface temps start at 34 but cool to 32 during the morning hours before starting to warm up.  Favored areas stay below freezing through 00z Friday.  Temps start crashing by 9z Friday and a potential flip back over to frozen as it ends (ha, we do so well with that around here).  

10:1 snowfall maps have the 2” line just SE of DC and 3” running through the city.  While I do think we see a period of frozen precip, I don’t think we accumulate at all.  I think the favored areas could see a few inches of sleet/snow.  Just my guess at the moment.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nj2va said:

18z Euro has precip onset just after 12z Thursday.  A few hours of mix for the cities before changeover to rain.  Surface temps start at 34 but cool to 32 during the morning hours before starting to warm up.  Favored areas stay below freezing through 00z Friday.  Temps start crashing by 9z Friday and a potential flip back over to frozen as it ends (ha, we do so well with that around here).  

10:1 snowfall maps have the 2” line just SE of DC and 3” running through the city.  While I do think we see a period of frozen precip, I don’t think we accumulate at all.  I think the favored areas could see a few inches of sleet/snow.  Just my guess at the moment.

Totally reasonable.  The more extreme solutions don’t make sense to me.  It’s cold but not exceptionally so.  We would need it further east and much lower thickness this early.  528 or lower. Conversational east of 81.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nj2va said:

How does it compare to the 12z Euro? Take a step Back? Improve?

3 minutes ago, NoVaWx said:

Also wondering I’m thinking improve since 3” is in the city. Interested to see what iad is at now. 

13 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Flipped between the two, it's an improvement. I'll share the map. Hopefully Maue won't hunt me down.

9-km ECMWF USA Surface +3-Hourly undefined undefined 78.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Didn’t dig too much into details (navigating his website is torture even when the panels work) but snowfall map is another improvement.  2” line was running through DC at 12z.  IAD 4” at 12z...5” at 18z.  (Not endorsing those totals, just showing the “improvement”)

• Thanks 1

I cannot believe we are having a bonafied discussion regarding a winter threat in the middle of November. The 32k nam is bonkers down here in ROA at 60hrs. Absolute perfect positioning of the 1038 HP over Binghamton NY. Timing of precip in my neck of the woods is ideal. Going to be very interesting to say the least. 

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I cannot believe we are having a bonafied discussion regarding a winter threat in the middle of November. The 32k nam is bonkers down here in ROA at 60hrs. Absolute perfect positioning of the 1038 HP over Binghamton NY. Timing of precip in my neck of the woods is ideal. Going to be very interesting to say the least. 

Lol at 66 hours its pouring snow up here on the 32km NAM

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic