• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WxBob
    Newest Member
    WxBob
George BM

October Discobs Thread

With rainfall from Michael spreading into the region, Baltimore and Washington, DC are again moving higher on their all-time annual precipitation lists.

As of 8:20 am, Baltimore's annual precipitation was 54.86". Today's rainfall allowed 2018 to surpass 2009 when 54.71" precipitation fell, for that city's 8th wettest year on record.

Washington, DC's 2018 figure had reached 49.96", tying 2018 with 1884 for Washington's 19th wettest year on record.

In case anyone was wondering, its still muggy as fuuck outside.  Please have this cold front do to the humid air what the Saints offense did to the Skins defense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, H2O said:

In case anyone was wondering, its still muggy as fuuck outside.  Please have this cold front do to the humid air what the Saints offense did to the Skins defense

Please, make this so. the humidity is starting to cause my hardwood floors to cup, despite keeping the AC on very cold.  Probably should get a dehumidifier.

51 minutes ago, H2O said:

I mean, damn. Just had to walk down to the harbor and it is insane, the humidity level. Like, deep summer bad. Just, gross.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean, damn. Just had to walk down to the harbor and it is insane, the humidity level. Like, deep summer bad. Just, gross.

Wow,  like the heat index is 89 here and the PWATs for this day are close to if not at a record already, nuts !!!  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Forget Michael, look at that beautiful dry air advection.

(image courtesy of College of Dupage)

Capture.JPG.71a3573fae38c8db4359344f0872d2f8.JPG

So , the mold , fungus,  and mildew on the siding, on top of the landscape,  and in the grass and everywhere will be gone soon, awesome .  I am soooo happy !  

14 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Pretty nice cluster of tropical rains developing and pushing north toward central/western areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Total weenie radar wish-casting here, but if you look at the 17z HRRR it has Charlottesville as the cutoff of the heavier precip amounts.  On radar, the northern band seems like it will set up north of there.

15 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Pretty nice cluster of tropical rains developing and pushing north toward central/western areas.

Yea...but you can see on radar evidence that the front is already  in Garrett Co. starting to influence the northern trajectory of the returns. I doubt any heavy returns make it to my yard but the metros on se should get a soakin.

Yea...but you can see on radar evidence that the front is already  in Garrett Co. starting to influence the northern trajectory of the returns. I doubt any heavy returns make it to my yard but the metros on se should get a soakin.

Completely agree...western side is drying up as the front pushes in. I was hoping that the circulation would hold the front up just a bit and allow a more nw movement of the rains. Radar actually looked like that was happening an hour or so ago. I love tropical rains but they are so rare....out this way especially.

• Like 1

As of 3:10 pm, Washington, DC had received 0.17" rain. That brings 2018's total precipitation to 50.00". 2018 is the 19th year on record that saw 50.00" or more precipitation fall in Washington.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Here comes all the heavy rain and embedded storms from the SW... even a STW that was up near EZF a few minutes ago

Good. I just cut and seeded my lawn yesterday! :D

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm hoping we get in on some good stuff from Michael but it's not moving that fast and the kick is coming in hot and heavy. It's going to be a race but it seems like it will just approach DC and then get shunted east. OCMD area should be fun tonight. I could see gusts close to hurricane strength with a half foot or more of rain down there. Looks like close but no cigar here again.

24 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Squeeze-play is on out here with that mass to our south and the front approaching from the west.  Will it get here in time to shunt the rain to my east?  I hope so.

Me too.

My 2 week old grass is struggling. With all the trees still in full summer mode and sucking all the moisture out of my well drained soil, no amount of reasonable watering allows the root system to get established deep enough. Still no significant rain today so far- that's nearly 2 weeks now with less than a tenth. My yard needs a legit soaking, ASAP!