• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Had 25 yesterday and about the same this morning, as the clouds were delayed (though it's now overcast at AUG.)  Both mornings put a skim on the washtub - about time to dump/store it.  Odd fog pattern on my commute, as there was a 3-4 mile stretch in Belgrade where dense fog/cloud hovered near treetop level, allowing for clear driving.  Only near AUG did the fog reach the ground.

All fogged in...again, 51° F. It's been this way since early morning.

The amount of fog I get here is simply incredible. Pretty much any wind direction between about 70° and 215° is fog here as long as the ambient airmass is at or near saturation. It can even occur in calm conditions (radiation fog not as common though) as long as the inversion base is high enough. I've been fogged in behind cold fronts if the W and NW winds haven't mixed me out yet.

• Like 1

I love the contrast this time of year.  The elevational gradient is fascinating with regards to how sharp the line can be.  Winter, no winter.

You can relate this gradient to any elevation.  Just think about those times when 200ft got nothing but 500ft+ is plastered.  Or 1,000ft is shoveling but 700ft is seeing catpaws.  I think the rain/snow line and differences between the two is one of the most fascinating things about the weather for some reason.

5QyMkdE.jpg

WDROw8s.jpg

• Like 4