Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Says the guy last night who was getting mad at everyone who pointed out that virtually every model was significantly cutting back on precip. Whoops. It appears that yes, when all the models did that, they were actually seeing something, or more like seeing nothing. Imagine that.

No, I wasn't getting mad at people pointing out the models output. But I was annoyed with you and others being a little b*tch about it. But I don't want to debate it. I only wanted you clear on why I find it annoying. When it comes to snow, some of you display the maturity of two year olds.

No, I wasn't getting mad at people pointing out the models output. But I was annoyed with you and others being a little b*tch about it. But I don't want to debate it. I only wanted you clear on why I find it annoying. When it comes to snow, some of you display the maturity of two year olds.
I'm betting it's not just with snow

Just now, Jandurin said:
1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm betting it's not just with snow

Fair. I also get this way with sports. And I can’t control that outcome either. That said, this is literally the banter thread where it is supposed to be ok to vent a bit. Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

So pointing out a trend is being a little b*tch about something? No one said it wasn't going to snow. No one is saying that now, either. But it's not going to snow like it was supposed to. Or am I a little b*tch for saying that, too?

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Ava Marie tweeted the roads are a mess in Baltimore due to freezing rain overnight. If my office doesn’t close, I think I will walk downtown to work. Would be pretty walk with the snow falling.

Radar is filling in nicely.  Hopefully the headlines of a big storm and some falling snow soon will get them to close.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Radar is filling in nicely.  Hopefully the headlines of a big storm and some falling snow soon will get them to close.

Fingers crossed. But, for me, best part of the snowfalls I so irrationally love is walking in them so walking to work in a snowfall would be an okay consolation prize...

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Ava Marie tweeted the roads are a mess in Baltimore due to freezing rain overnight. If my office doesn’t close, I think I will walk downtown to work. Would be pretty walk with the snow falling.

My gf just drove from Dundalk to White Marsh...not many issues at least on the east side 

I see freak outs are happening. I may stay off the forum today and just enjoy what falls. Good luck all!

No offense, but you had a snowstorm yesterday so it’s easy for you to say that. It is going to snow here, but when you go to sleep with rising totals and generally good prospects, it is the worst to wake up to nothing.

Just now, mappy said:

I see freak outs are happening. I may stay off the forum today and just enjoy what falls. Good luck all!

Most of them are me. We definitely don’t have the half a foot you got already, and 26 months without a legit snow has broken me. Skeptical that we get to warning level snow here after daybreak, I guess. 

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

No offense, but you had a snowstorm yesterday so it’s easy for you to say that. It is going to snow here, but when you go to sleep with rising totals and generally good prospects, it is the worst to wake up to nothing.

8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Most of them are me. We definitely don’t have the half a foot you got already, and 26 months without a legit snow has broken me. Skeptical that we get to warning level snow here after daybreak, I guess. 

I get that guys, I consider myself lucky. However, I’d also wait a bit before calling bust. It wasn’t supposed to be puking snow st this hour. Radar is filling in. But I’ll stop trying to see positive in it. 

I get that guys, I consider myself lucky. However, I’d also wait a bit before calling bust. It wasn’t supposed to be puking snow st this hour. Radar is filling in. But I’ll stop trying to see positive in it. 

It’s fine. I just like to whine, and I’ll admit that. Radar looks pretty nice for DC, but as I said earlier somewhere I need the roads to cave for me to really enjoy this, and I probably needed more by daybreak to manage that.

Archived