joxey
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

yes, that’s how science works. mmmmmhmmm

and aren’t there a bunch of threads set aside for whining? use those.

No? This is a banter thread for this storm. One of the tags is “sadness”. I like you trix but one of the real bummers of this board this winter is people complaining that posting isn’t in the right places. Worrying over radar and busts has always been for banter in the ten years I have been on this forum and eastern. Maybe give those of us who are still waiting to break the legit snow drought a break this AM?

1 minute ago, BlizzardNole said:

This is the banter/ranting thread.  I won't dare go near the obs/discussion thread.

Well if we are being technical it's the banter/PARTY thread. And some of you guys are turning into the person who you really want to leave the party but don't want to be rude ;)

In all seriousness - I hope everyone gets out and enjoys the snow today. I hope nobody gets too depressed over the supposed "bust" - it's weather guys - s**t happens. If you think the storm busted head on into your day and just treat today like March 21st. 

I'll be radar watching and watching snowfall in late March. Pretty awesome. 

I've gotta say - I've been on the forums since 2006 and somethings still surprise me. 

Hopefully at the end of season get together we can all make amends with each other lol. 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

No? This is a banter thread for this storm. One of the tags is “sadness”. I like you trix but one of the real bummers of this board this winter is people complaining that posting isn’t in the right places. Worrying over radar and busts has always been for banter in the ten years I have been on this forum and eastern. Maybe give those of us who are still waiting to break the legit snow drought a break this AM?

Look at radar. Your snow drought is coming to an end. Radar looks good. The storm is coming together. Yeah it might be a little less than expected yesterday...but your snow drought is ending. We've all been through this drill before. 

Enjoy!!!! It's going to/is snowing out there!

For those focusing on the ragged radar west of the Apps around the center of circulation, that's normal as the ull begins to cross the mountains.  And the blossoming radar for us is looking better and better and hopefully a good sign of what's to come.

Also, I should put this in the March banter thread, but I'm stoked that the Austin bombings may be over. 

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Kml - one of the tags on this thread is “sadness”. Man, you all who police disappointment are kinda the worst. 

I'm not policing anything. You seem to be taking my encouragement to ENJOY snow as "policing" whatever man. I tried to be nice. I was in no way, shape or form trying to attack you. I would have thought you being one of the regulars would get it. Would think that you of all people would know I'm one of the less "erratic" or "policing" posters on here. 

We are fine in my book but if I offended you I deeply apologize. 

Sorry, bud.

Just now, wxtrix said:

until yesterday you literally had FIVE TIMES the amount of snowfall i had had this winter. in fact, as of right now, your running total for the winter is still higher than mine.

and it’s ridiculous to call it a bust before the system has even organized itself. 

Yay? We’ve been down that road. I don’t care that 9.9 was better than your two. This isn’t a competition. It took 12 “events” to get to 9.9 for me, so, that sucks. My measure isn’t seeing flakes fly, I like legit storms. So I wasn’t happy to have more at your expense, I don’t roll that way. Why do you give a **** about how I react to waking up to no snow? In the banter thread for this event? Just maybe let people vent a bit. Jeebus.

5 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I'm not policing anything. You seem to be taking my encouragement to ENJOY snow as "policing" whatever man. I tried to be nice. I was in no way, shape or form trying to attack you. I would have thought you being one of the regulars would get it. Would think that you of all people would know I'm one of the less "erratic" or "policing" posters on here. 

We are fine in my book but if I offended you I deeply apologize. 

Sorry, bud.

I’ve already said I am planning to walk to work to try and enjoy what is falling as much as I can. But it is still disappointing giving the euro and other modeling to wake up to what we woke up to. 

I remember people freaking out on Feb 10 in 2010. Radar looked bad, people called a bust, but then wouldn’t you know, the next morning the snow exploded and a lot of those people who whined about it had 15-20” of snow 24 hours later.

I have no idea how this will turn out, but whining about it won’t change the outcome. The weather will do what it does, regardless.

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

I’ve alreasy said I am planning to walk to work to try and enjoy what is falling as much as I can. But it is still disappointing giving the euro and other modeling to wake up to what we woke up to. 

I'm not sure where the wake up expectations were up on your neck of the woods. But I 95% going into last night expected to wake up to little to nothing new on the ground. 

I hope you and I can be cool when severe season rolls around. I'm REALLY not trying to start things with you. I REALLY am not. I'll take a breather from posting in banter (or wont' post at all). Again, I'm not trying to police anything. But you seemed to be in the group of people who melted down about radar not looking great when it wasn't even supposed to look all that impressive by that time. Weather is finicky - I admit I've had plenty of times waking up to bareground - it's annoying as hell...but this storm was definitely not one I thought I'd wake up to sig snow. 

We can agree that the models might not have handled the overnight period all that well. I think we've all become way too relient on what the models show even right at gametime. 

Again, regardless of your feelings - we are fine in my book. 100% do not want to fight or argue with you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day. 

2 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I remember people freaking out on Feb 10 in 2010. Radar looked bad, people called a bust, but then wouldn’t you know, the next morning the snow exploded and a lot of those people who whined about it had 15-20” of snow 24 hours later.

I have no idea how this will turn out, but whining about it won’t change the outcome. The weather will do what it does, regardless.

Amen! 

7 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I'm not sure where the wake up expectations were up on your neck of the woods. But I 95% going into last night expected to wake up to little to nothing new on the ground. 

I hope you and I can be cool when severe season rolls around. I'm REALLY not trying to start things with you. I REALLY am not. I'll take a breather from posting in banter (or wont' post at all). Again, I'm not trying to police anything. But you seemed to be in the group of people who melted down about radar not looking great when it wasn't even supposed to look all that impressive by that time. Weather is finicky - I admit I've had plenty of times waking up to bareground - it's annoying as hell...but this storm was definitely not one I thought I'd wake up to sig snow. 

We can agree that the models might not have handled the overnight period all that well. I think we've all become way too relient on what the models show even right at gametime. 

Again, regardless of your feelings - we are fine in my book. 100% do not want to fight or argue with you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day. 

This is very true and not the concern.

Its the 50-70% haircut the models have delivered on accumulations.

I am not complaining, I really don't care. I got the day off today. Spring is almost here, this was just bonus.

Archived