Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, real said:

Doug Kamerer on DC NBC 4 just cut back his snow total forecast a lot. At 6 p.m., he had DC in 8 to 12 zone. But now he's saying 4 to 6 in DC with 6 to 10 to the north in Montgomery, Howard and Baltimore. 

That's actually realistic. That 8-12" was too aggressive to begin with IMO. Urban centers in late March don't exactly hit double digits often, except maybe Boston. 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

No doubt, but it's almost like some were expecting SN++++ right now and 12-24 outside of the usual northerners. I just don't understand why people cancel these events before they even really start.

It’s not about cancelling. It’s about expectations after an incredible set of model runs earlier today. I think anyone who says they didn’t get excited by the Euro showing a crush job 12-18 hours out is being a little disingenuous. That said, it’s all about rolling with the punches.

Me? I got my hopes way up about 9 hours ago when I got out of meetings and saw what the models were spitting out. Now I’ve recalibrated and am expecting quite a bit less than I was earlier today, though much more than I expected yesterday. It’s looking like a nice storm (particularly given time of year), but it’s still a bit disappointing. Hopefully things break our way again.

Archived