Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge hit hour 60... 

This actually reminds me a little of the blizzard last week, big differences being (1) the initial setup is more disjointed due to stronger 1st shortwave, Will has been harping on this, (2) the whole setup closes off further south as currently depicted for maximum impact at our lattitude, and (3) more confluence

Plenty of time for all 3 of those factors to correct

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's involuntary. 

I agree with Bob and John...midling event in the offing.

I don't speak for Bob but ...I'm not saying out right one should count on a mid-grade inconvenience ...I'm saying that there are reasons that could result and it wouldn't be a shocker. 

Sorry if that sounds non-committal but, these spring events ...they have an element of 'uncertainy principle' ...like, April 1997 ?  That one looked unique enough... .but NO one saw 30" surrounded by a large area of 20" glacier from 9 straight hours of lightning and thunder in 1/32 mi visibility.  Contrasting, take another system with seemingly identical input parameters and it's 4-8" ... 

I'm nodding to that uncertainty to a degree... either way.

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Huge hit hour 60... 

This actually reminds me a little of the blizzard last week, big differences being (1) the initial setup is more disjointed due to stronger 1st shortwave, Will has been harping on this, (2) the whole setup closes off further south as currently depicted for maximum impact at our lattitude, and (3) more confluence

Plenty of time for all 3 of those factors to correct

I would really like to get a good WAA infusion...the lead wave sort of robs us of that so we have to wait for things to reorganize a bit...we would prob get pretty decent snows from the CCB/deformation, but the totals would likely be sub-double digits.

But we're not done yet with this obviously, things can still change. We did get closer to wrapping in more moisture from the lead wave this run.

Archived