SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20-21 Potential - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding to the sleet discussion, in my experience with salt brine I've noticed that when sleet falls first then snow it seems the snow will act as a insulator and hold a better base. We typically still have to scrape then apply extra chemical. Trust me, sleet is our wildcard imo, we want it more so than rain at the onset or at any time for that matter 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

It really is odd.  I mean, it could happen, but it's a really weird run

Well, early on both nams looked believable. This isn't a clean snowstorm so it's going to rain and mix. That part us practically a given. Beyond that I don't even think the nam knew what it was doing. 

3 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

NAM still flip flopping way too much... Can people ever seem to grasp the fact that the NAM should barely be trusted after 48 hours or even 24. There is a scavenger hunt for brains.

Dude, come on.  Please - take the many hints that have been shed your way.  Read more, post less. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Well, early on both nams looked believable. This isn't a clean snowstorm so it's going to rain and mix. That part us practically a given. Beyond that I don't even think the nam knew what it was doing. 

So basically...the part of the storm that's more likely to be mostly snowy is wave 2...if it phases? Wonder if we'll have a better handle on that part tonight or tomorrow?

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived