• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chris78 said:

Great nam run so far. I think that's a best case scenario for wave 1. Hopefully the GFS looks like that in an hour. 

GFS is weird with it's thermals, so I'm assuming it won't look like that with wave 1. Let's let the mesos lead the way with wave 1

1 minute ago, csnavywx said:

Virtually none of that is snow. Raging warm nose aloft (between 850 and 700mb) ensures that even if the PBL cools sufficiently, it'll be mostly sleet/rain or sleet until the low and WCB passes east a ways. By then, most of the precip is done with wave 1.

Snow maps don’t lie bud. Nice try.

Virtually none of that is snow. Raging warm nose aloft (between 850 and 700mb) ensures that even if the PBL cools sufficiently, it'll be mostly sleet/rain or sleet until the low and WCB passes east a ways. By then, most of the precip is done with wave 1.

I was thinking there are issues thermally here! You are confirming! Sleet and rain. No surprises!

Was just waiting for the proverbial "warm nose" to stick itself into our otherwise straight up shellacking.  When so many things have to align in near unison to score, when just one gets out of whack it signals the doom and gloom of "so close".  Hope this closes off sooner to generate some cold.  Any chance the rate of precip will help bump that warm nose south?

3 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

I'm trying to look at the sounding on Tropical Tidbits but it seems like clicking on the location no longer works. 

Snow map looks amazing, too good to be true, but I'd like to see how the soundings look before getting excited.

1 minute ago, T. August said:

Snow maps don’t lie bud. Nice try.

Snow maps are okay for a first guess but are no replacement for more in-depth analysis. Big totals on the 12Z NAM through tau 51/54 don't really mean much when warm nose temps aloft are >1-2C, which is something the algorithm specifically has trouble with.

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

No it doesn't.  H5 is noticeably worse vs 6 and 0z

It's actually slightly closer to a big hit imo. Less of wave 1 escapes letting a low remain just east of us. Problem is the trough comes in split and one vort dives south and a duel low forms. We need the only low to be the one off the Delmarva. But it was closer imo. The issues happen at range. It was good through 36 or so. 

10 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

500's are actually quicker and may go for the capture of our initial coastal in a very favorable spot for us. 

Almost. The southern vort diving under screws that's up. Get rid of that and this would have been good. The main vort pass is good but can't close off because of the split. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It's actually slightly closer to a big hit imo. Less of wave 1 escapes letting a low remain just east of us. Problem is the trough comes in split and one vort dives south and a duel low forms. We need the only low to be the one off the Delmarva. But it was closer imo. The issues happen at range. It was good through 36 or so. 

Definitely disagree, especially vs 0z.  But the NAM does keep it on the table. 

Archived