Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

6 minutes ago, birdsofprey02 said:

Rain rt. 3 Crofton, but it’s been mist/drizzle most of the morning.  

Wheres the rain/snow line?  Was at least expecting snowTV.  

If it’s just mist/drizzle then the rates aren’t heavy enough to overcome the marginal 850s. The models hinted on the 0 850 line being pretty close to your area right about now. I wouldn’t expect much more 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the double digit club. Another inch and you will pass this northener.

Thanks... I think lol. Just happy to be past last winter by a landslide. I’m ready for spring and baseball after this weekends potential. I usually run out of motivation for winter after March 15th, so this is last hoorah for me. I’ll always track to the bitter end though.

As for this storm, I still don’t think the northern tier is out of this by any stretch, but the really good stuff is going to be confined to the NE line up into SE PA and Jersey. When I saw models shift best 850 fronto further NE, I was bummed

Chase to Philly man...at the least you can get a big ole stinky cheesesteak 

Haha. As much as I love cheesesteaks, im having dinner with friends tonight and I’m getting crab cakes. Crab cakes >>>>> Cheesesteaks. It’s what MD does. Oh, and fail at Miller B’s. At least the fun part of them.

Radar looks great for those to our Northeast. Pretty sweet to see the returns from the ULL rotating in about to explode when it gets to the coastal. Sucks for us since we are on the outside looking in for the vast majority of these Miller b storms but cool to see from a met perspective.

5 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

i’ve had 1.8” of snow for the entire winter.

I agree, your fail out there has been a worse fail. But it doesn't make the crappy fail here any less of a fail. If this is a test, and my area has gotten a 50, and your area a 15 out of 100, they are both Fs. I do acknowledge your F is worse. But, still. Fs.

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Radar is filling in as the storm develops. We’ll see if it does anything. 

Even around Baltimore and not just the far NE counties?

I'm just expecting snowTV from now on but if there's anything better to come, then bring it on.

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

Even around Baltimore and not just the far NE counties?

I'm just expecting snowTV from now on but if there's anything better to come, then bring it on.

Have a feeling as the CCB develops there will be a heavy band on the back that swings through. Have to see if that drops much accumulating snow.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Indeed. Miller Bust 

Sometimes I'm joking about being fringed. Other times I'm just worried about where gets the "bonus" vs just good totals. But last night I really truly did have a bad feeling that the whole system seemed just a little bit east of guidance and knowing how these go...and how any delay in the development process can drastically shift that ccb east..I legitimately was worried this would happen even though all the guidance at the time looked great.

These do this to others too.  Places just west of philly were supposed to get 12" from dec 2000 and got nothing. Philly was the back edge with 8". The 2015 storm screwed NJ and the western side of NYC. Supposed to get 20-30" and got 2-4". It's just we were the back edge this time but these late developing miller b storms do this. Because if the development process is delayed just a little bit or east of guidance just a bit it has huge cascading effects since the storm goes through rapid intensifying and then expansion of the precip on the west side. Small delays have a bigger impact then a mature storm coming from the southwest with gulf moisture feed. 

Our climo with miller bs is better then D.C.  Some of the biggest storms here were miller bs. We sometimes can win. But I will never feel safe with a miller b until it's snowing and radar shows the ccb on top of us. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived