Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I really am tossing it...until I see at least 2 or 3 runs in a row.  Then I'll take it seriously.   The GFS changes every 6 hours.

I liked the 12z eps run. The solutions that worked werent crazy IVTs or jacked up tracks that shouldn't snow. The ones that worked looked similar to the gfs/gefs. We're still a few days away from taking it seriously but for right now this one has legit potential. Should be at least one more chance before climo fight hard or the block breaks down. I have a hunch that someone in our sub gets a decent event in the next 2 weeks with elevation and the northern tier being the obvious favored spots 

52 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but I really am tossing it...until I see at least 2 or 3 runs in a row.  Then I'll take it seriously.   The GFS changes every 6 hours.

I agree with caution. We can hope the gfs picked up on something that just got resolved at 18z. But it's not like this was out of the blue. The setup is there. Like I said get that h5 low south or north a bit...in this case it shifted south and boom. But that trend was there on all guidance 18z just made the final jump. Hopefully we turned a corner here. It is at the range where stuff has come into focus a lot lately. Just usually not in a good way. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I agree with caution. We can hope the gfs picked up on something that just got resolved at 18z. But it's not like this was out of the blue. The setup is there. Like I said get that h5 low south or north a bit...in this case it shifted south and boom. But that trend was there on all guidance 18z just made the final jump. Hopefully we turned a corner here. It is at the range where stuff has come into focus a lot lately. Just usually not in a good way. 

I don't trust it one bit.  And I won't go into detail lest I be called a debbie downer.  There is zero excitement on my end.  I got excited two nights ago when it showed a storm, even when I knew better.  Screw the GFS.  There is zero doubt in my mind that tonight will show a weak frontal passage with sprinkles at 0z.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived