joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing slightly better heights riding over top of it which would tend to hinder a northward component to the movement but we are also seeing better ridging in front of it which would promote a more northerly component. Game of, which is the bigger bully.

eta: in regards to what we are seeing at 500mb.

I'm not going to over analyze details on day 5-6. By 60 hours it was still digging the h5 system coming off the Pacific instead of lifting it like the euro. From there the doninoes fall in our favor to have a favorable setup and a chance. Other things then need to work out also to make that chance become something we shovel but the important hurdle was passed imo. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I'm not going to over analyze details on day 5-6. By 60 hours it was still digging the h5 system coming off the Pacific instead of lifting it like the euro. From there the doninoes fall in our favor to have a favorable setup and a chance. Other things then need to work out also to make that chance become something we shovel but the important hurdle was passed imo. 

So h5 at 150... :whistle:

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

So h5 at 150... :whistle:

It's sweet. Slightly southeast of where I would want it. Perfect for D.C.  Gfs still under doing precip on the west side with the system imo. Typical gfs problem. But it's still too far out to stress those kinds of details. This run is a win imo. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived