Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Absolute nudity run for my old stomping grounds in Ithaca NY. That's how I knows it's not going to happen...lol. They are not good in synoptic systems. 

I'm surprised this run isn't better for CNE. The 18z run was able to nuke the coast with dynamic cooling... the warmth this run seems so much more impressive. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Absolute nudity run for my old stomping grounds in Ithaca NY. That's how I knows it's not going to happen...lol. They are not good in synoptic systems. 

Southern tier of NY has had some huge runs the past few days mixed in.  Northern side of bowling balls are how they do it out there.  

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

I'm surprised this run isn't better for CNE. The 18z run was able to nuke the coast with dynamic cooling... the warmth this run seems so much more impressive. 

The ULL almost goes northeast for a time on this run rather than east like every other model so I think that drove obscene warmth north. I was expecting it to go east too and destroy dendrite and monads with 35 inches of snow. 

Well see what the big boys say later. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Euro's not doing much better. 

In general there's a dearth of continuity from any source on this so think about that before you impugn any particular model. Some of the other more dependable model sources have been spraying solutions all over the place

I think the NAM has been  the most unstable.

Hey don't post often but....I work near rowes wharf in Boston and to see the flooding from the previous nor'easter, it was eye opening to say the least. I don't want to say it's being underplayed on here, but maybe so to the general public? do you have serious concerns given the multiple tide cycles...regardless of whether or not PF torches ha, albeit tides are what...1.5 ft lower this month in general? And a completely different storm- no hurricane type surge this time. Scott specifically seemed to think it might be an issue, any thoughts? What do the models imply as far as storm surge/ wave heights etc?

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I've been joking about the NAM run that brings 3-4" of QPF to SYR and ROC... there it is.

Yeah everyone will have a turn with the NAM. Maybe even more than one. You and dendrite (prob on different runs) will get your 35" juggernaut in the next 36 hours. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I actually think that's the most snow forecast out of any run so far for anyone.  That is a disgusting pivot point in west/central NY.  

I didn't think you could get atlantic moisture that far west but on that jet streak anything is possible...................:lol:

Archived