Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB
Snowstorms

February 8th-11th Overrunning Event

9 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

This is weird, guidance has been terrible with this storm. LOT just re-issued a winter storm warning for Grundy and LaSalle counties, could see intense banding with some 6' amounts through tonight. Bring it on!

6 feet?!? Oh boy! :P

We ended up with 7" in good ole Prairie Du Chien Wi. so higher end of guidance from Euro and NAM did a great job here!  Glad to see the folks around Chicago doing good!!!!  For me this is the biggest snow the last two Winters for sure and our snow depth of 13" is the most I can recall since perhaps the GHD blizzard of 2011.  

Sun is out here. Whiff to the south tonight. It is so hard to be optimistic about anything because the worst case turd just pans out anyways. It’s absolutely unbelievable how awful the luck we have with any significant system.

• Like 1

That band on the south side of Chicago has really solidified. Narrow area gets 5" additional this afternoon? 

I got 5.5" last night in Madison. Expected 4-5" so was happy. About 8" on ground.  This is the best snow pack we've had in a long time. 

• Like 1

I’m in south Plainfield,IL about 4 miles north of I-80 and it has just been absolutely dumping snow for the past 2+ hours. Really coming down. We’re easily over 6” from this storm- probably 8-9. Another hour of this intensity and we will be double digits for sure.

17 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Excellent flake size right now. Rates are still light but nice sized fluff balls.

Some more heavier bands starting to show up on radar and will likely move into the city within the next hour or so. 

30 minutes ago, DAWGNKITTEN said:

Here in Columbiaville, Lapeer County, just off Michigan 24, about 15 miles north of I-69we've had 9" so far.  Coming down at a real good clip, too.

Sounds reasonable watching the radar returns over Lapeer County.

It should be pointed out that ratios were once again lower than expected.

MDW reported 6.8" of snow on 0.61" of liquid earlier, for an 11:1 ratio. Other similar reports as well in the area.

Flake size has sure increased from the morning. Wouldn't call them puffballs but around dime sized. 

About 1.0" down so far. Rates steady between -SN and SN. Liking the slight north trend for the upper range of my 4-6" call. 

Nam continues to be north of the other guidance in regards to wave 3. Most of it has to do with how the upper air pattern is being handled. Tonight's runs will be important with full sampling. Hoping for the best!