Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That always confuses me??   If you get less snow than forecast...don't you bust low, cuz you got lower snow than forecast????  No???  I guess you can look at it both ways.  But ya, I think most people are going to be surprised how little they get from this..if anything. 

I said the forecast will bust high. My interpretation is in terms of error with respect to the forecast. The forecast error was a result of being too high. Forecast total - actual. If the number is positive, the forecast busted high; if the number is negative the forecast busted low.

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

It's an annoying little phuck of a system. Hoping for an inch or two. 

It def had potential for a nice stripe of 5-8" or something...we're prob gonna squander it. Hopefully we still set up a band that at least gives 2-4" for eastern regions...that's prob our hope right now. There's def convective garbage out to the east that is not helping us out.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It def had potential for a nice stripe of 5-8" or something...we're prob gonna squander it. Hopefully we still set up a band that at least gives 2-4" for eastern regions...that's prob our hope right now. There's def convective garbage out to the east that is not helping us out.

Yeah, didn't mean to vent...just an annoying system from a forecast standpoint too. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, didn't mean to vent...just an annoying system from a forecast standpoint too. 

Fast flow, multiple waves embedded....doesn't look to change much in Feb either even though we shift to colder. Prob gonna be some crappy model behavior during storm threats in this regime.

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They'll probably be a band somewhere, but it's a nowcast. 

I have minimal confidence in any banding now (outside of the Cape) - this looks to have little synoptic wave development, and instead looks more like a series of warm core meso lows traversing a frontal boundary...

And the kicker is the forcing due to the UL vort is modeled across guidance to miss our area.

1 minute ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Dude this is probably a bust but the storm didn't happen yet 

I think we can reasonably safely say the 18z RGEM from yesterday isn't going to verify anywhere close to correctly.

But I def wouldn't sleep quite yet on any weenie bands...esp down in SE MA.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

James ... you're like a child with this stuff.   Your "analytic gate" is insufficient to handle the tide of your imagination :)  

Maybe he isn't as perfect as you. Maybe it brightens his day to post on here. Your snide and personal attack on a charming and innocent person says more about you than about any deficiencies he may or may not have. Not everyone has blonde hair and blue eyes, nor is everyone a weather expert. But one thing's for certain, James never attacks anyone nor does he belittle anyone and just like trump said to rand Paul, "believe me there's plenty of material."

59 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I cant get back the time spent tracking this garbage. 

lol. Not sure why you bothered.  The writing has been on the wall for a few days that this thing was not going to produce, especially for your area.  I may be chasing a flake or 2 overnight though.  If I capture one, I will keep it in the freezer forever.

7 minutes ago, 25thamendmentfan said:

Maybe he isn't as perfect as you. Maybe it brightens his day to post on here. Your snide and personal attack on a charming and innocent person says more about you than about any deficiencies he may or may not have. Not everyone has blonde hair and blue eyes, nor is everyone a weather expert. But one thing's for certain, James never attacks anyone nor does he belittle anyone and just like trump said to rand Paul, "believe me there's plenty of material."

Yeah all that and... no one attacked anyone.     I compared him to charming innocent entity, 'a child' and you turned it into something else entirely.   

I know James and we've shared IM's ... I'm sure he's fine with it.   Ease off the social media peddle will yah.  As far as the quote you took out of context at the end there, that is still true whether you believe it or not.  There is evidence to support that for many users in here, the journey is not about the storm, but the involvement with the models.  

merely saying that should not evoke vitriol ... unless it is from the self-conscious. Also, hint hint:  I never said I was above any of it..  ha

10 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

lol. Not sure why you bothered.  The writing has been on the wall for a few days that this thing was not going to produce, especially for your area.  I may be chasing a flake or 2 overnight though.  If I capture one, I will keep it in the freezer forever.

I never expected any accums but I still tracked it.  It’s a non productive way to utilize time. Thats my point. 

Archived