joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR trying to build west again. My guess is this will have one random band in ctrl or wrn areas that gives them a surprise snow..then some sort of shredded hole east of that, followed by the meat of the stuff in SE areas. I could totally envision that. Not sure exactly where it all sets up, but I have that idea in my head. Someone will get see through fluff from H7-H5. Unless dry air below kills it.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Still confident on 2-4" in SE MA.  Looks best just this side of Canal as I stated earlier.

Prob a bit of ocean enhancement in the parts of PYM that stick out a bit. NNE flow late in the game gets pretty cold in the 900-850 layer.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS is nice. What a frustrating event..lol. 

Yea....tough not to feel duplicitous in conveying such a high degree of uncertainty while simultaneously issuing a first call map, but I didn't see any other way. Lol

Shouldn't be huge changes to the map, though. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea....tough not to feel duplicitous in conveying such a high degree of uncertainty while simultaneously issuing a first call map, but I didn't see any other way. Lol

Shouldn't be huge changes to the map, though. 

Thinking maybe 1-2 for Logan, but if they had a coating or 4" it would not surprise. 

25 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You think there is any upslope to this when those areas in south Plymouth Close to 300' along that spine in S PYM.

Prob not much...maybe a little extra enhancement on the backside of those bluffs...as they increase the land/sea convergence even more there. Pine Hills FTW on that setup.

Archived