Newest Member
    joxey
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Trying to send NoPoles some love for this one.

I am about 5 miles south of the Pine Hills. I've only been here 1.5 winters however so I'm not sure how much the terrain plays in to snow enhancement around here.  My brother in law has lived 30+ years about 2 miles west of the Pine Hills and he always seems to complain they get more than forecasted, but who knows.

Just now, rnaude241 said:

I am about 5 miles south of the Pine Hills. I've only been here 1.5 winters however so I'm not sure how much the terrain plays in to snow enhancement around here.  My brother in law has lived 30+ years about 2 miles west of the Pine Hills and he always seems to complain they get more than forecasted, but who knows.

My gut says you'll do just fine with this.  Maybe some brief rain on onset while the column cools.

25 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I'll toss the GFS here. It's totally on its own with that 700hpa evolution. Keeps the front right over SNE and closes off a low on it.

The 00z Euro and 12z NAM have nothing of the sort with the front well offshore and like 50% RH at 700mb overhead. 

Almost looks like a globals vs mesos battle with the Euro on the meso side right now...12z Ukie and GGEM look closer to GFS. Mesos + Euro is hard to bet against. We'll have to see if 12z Euro sticks with the RGEM/NAM type solutions.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

RAP sort of looks like the GFS too.

Yeah it's pretty weenieish actually....but it's also the RAP beyond 6 hours, so gotta take it with a few grains of salt. HRRR looks pretty good too, but same deal as rap with reliability.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's pretty weenieish actually....but it's also the RAP beyond 6 hours, so gotta take it with a few grains of salt. HRRR looks pretty good too, but same deal as rap with reliability.

Yeah who knows. The DGZ goes above H7, so even H6 may work if that tries to tighten up aloft and back to the west. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hoping for a few inches here.  As many have said probably a nowcast deal, we will see.

Archived