• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TauntonBlizzard2013

January 29/30 snow event

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I love how the weenies just focus on SE Mass , like no one else exists . The same ones who laughed at us yesterday 

Well... most models are focusing on SE Mass and the cape... what else are we supposed to talk about? The inverted trough that’s down in the mid Atlantic that you think is somehow going to end up over the area?

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I love how the weenies just focus on SE Mass , like no one else exists . The same ones who laughed at us yesterday 

It's pretty obvious SE MA is where this event will be focused. Hopefully it gets far enough west for the rest of us to see good snows. But it's totally possible central and western areas see not much of anything. But I'm cautiously optimistic for another tick. 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Well... most models are focusing on SE Mass and the cape... what else are we supposed to talk about? The inverted trough that’s down in the mid Atlantic that you think is somehow going to end up over the area?

LOL.  He could see some light snow too. I don't know how much we can say maybe some light snow? The weenies down near the canal that have been screwed probably should be rather excited.

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

There’s a potent mid level band over much of CT and Western Mass

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s a potent mid level band over much of CT and Western Mass

You mean you are hoping there will be. 

Its not on any guidance right now. There needs to be another jump northwest for that. Not impossible but time is running out for big shifts. Gonna need a decent shift tonight I think.  

I could see a band farther west. Not impossible at all. Just need some ticks NW. Anyways hopefully a decent covering for many. White would look good about now.

• Like 1

This storms for NoPoles.
I'm optimistically happy down this way. I haven't even had to run my snowblower this year other than to cycle some gas.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rnaude241 said:

I'm optimistically happy down this way. I haven't even had to run my snowblower this year other than to cycle some gas.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Don't be shocked to start as a mix for a short time. But, to get the good moisture...need to ride the line. 

53 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

HA!! .....you have been included in all the Eastern glory the past two decades, possibly not jacking one tiny event has you worried??

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty solid ukie run too. 

IMG_0891.GIF

I like that map, a lot. In line with my thinking from several days ago. Maybe Cape/islands eek out a low level warning out of this...