Newest Member
    joxey
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

16 pages for basically 1-3" of snow showers for some?  

This seems like the weather equivalent of J.Spin going outside at midnight to measure .3" and swap out a new measuring board in the middle of the winter, ha.  Love the dedication but at the same time a little bit of why bother? lol.

Having brown lawns in January will do that... :)

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This seems like the weather equivalent of J.Spin going outside at midnight to measure .3" and swap out a new measuring board in the middle of the winter, ha.  Love the dedication but at the same time a little bit of why bother? lol.

Climb back in your Gondola, it's  all we got. Lol at least my lawn is covered until it melts Thursday but the weekend should be fun. We start

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's gonna happen in systems where guidance is very inconsistent. You had a solid advisory on the euro like 5-6 days ago. Then it kind of waffled for a while. Other guidance went nuts briefly. Then it looked like a total bust...then we roared back yesterday and it briefly looked like a warning snowfall for far SE areas and maybe advisory back to ORH. Then it trended bad again...then a few hiccups today even. 

Not an easy event. These are types where you finally ignore them the next time around and then they burn you with a stripe of 6"+. That's weather. This one looks like it just didn't quite buckle enough...it was close but the end result will prob be a pretty light snowfall. Maybe someone in SE MA can still score a band that surprises a bit. 

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Climb back in your Gondola, it's  all we got. Lol at least my lawn is covered until it melts Thursday but the weekend should be fun. We start

Hey I hear ya, didn't mean that to come off sounding condescending which on second read it did, ha.  Just a laugh at the futility we have sometimes in this hobby. 

It is something to watch.  Hopefully you can get a healthy couple inches out of it Ginxy.

I guess the flip side is its nice that you have such a robust weather community that you can get 16 pages of discussion out of a system like this, I'm definitely jealous of that a bit.  I can barely get a couple pages of analysis for a 10" event sometimes, ha.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hey I hear ya, didn't mean that to come off sounding condescending which on second read it did, ha.  Just a laugh at the futility we have sometimes in this hobby. 

It is something to watch.  Hopefully you can get a healthy couple inches out of it Ginxy.

Pretty sure I will scrape a half inch or one but hey better than rain. Some may not like a couple here a couple there but I do and if the past is any indication of the future these couples are a warm-up for a six plus. If you only live for big storms you miss the joy of a winter landscape IMHO

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Pretty sure I will scrape a half inch or one but hey better than rain. Some may not like a couple here a couple there but I so and if the past is any indication of the future these couples are a warm-up for a six plus. If you only live for big storms you miss the joy of a winter landscape IMHO

Yup don't have to tell me twice.  I honestly have no issue with nickel and dimes, its just fun to watch it snow.  They definitely have a better appeal when a snowpack is in place but can never complain about flakes falling in the winter.  Just have to love that look of snow falling in the flood lights outside, even if its not a wind-whipped blizzard.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Pretty sure I will scrape a half inch or one but hey better than rain. Some may not like a couple here a couple there but I so and if the past is any indication of the future these couples are a warm-up for a six plus. If you only live for big storms you miss the joy of a winter landscape IMHO

I appreciate any snows. My point earlier is not that I dont have joy in it falling....But a dusting for me in Feb after tracking it for 5 days, just doesn’t rub me the right way. I havent had 18”+ since 2011, so I jones for it even more every season and after every bust....that much more. 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I appreciate any snows. My point earlier is not that I dont have joy in it falling....But a dusting for me in Feb after tracking it for 5 days, just doesn’t rub me the right way. I havent had 18”+ since 2011, so I jones for it even more every season and after every bust....that much more. 

I hear you. The 1-2” that melt in 48 hours definitely get a little aggravating. That’s what this will do. 

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup don't have to tell me twice.  I honestly have no issue with nickel and dimes, its just fun to watch it snow.  They definitely have a better appeal when a snowpack is in place but can never complain about flakes falling in the winter.  Just have to love that look of snow falling in the flood lights outside, even if its not a wind-whipped blizzard.

My outside cam is cool with infrared no lights on

Dare I say moderate snow now. About .25 down. Windy and cold too 28

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

2013??

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I hear you. The 1-2” that melt in 48 hours definitely get a little aggravating. That’s what this will do. 

I notice you definitely have the future attitude and what will happen.  That's cool and all but I like to live in the present and let the future play out. Enjoy the now what happens next deal with it then. 

Archived