joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New RAP is pretty good for BOS area and the immediate west and southwest suburbs...and back to my 'hood and down to E CT near Ginxy. It shows some pretty consistent bands. Hopefully it has the right idea....its amazing how different some of the short term guidance is. This is through 10am tomorrow...it's still snowing in BOS and southeast MA at this point:

Jan30_03zRAP.gif

New RAP is pretty good for BOS area and the immediate west and southwest suburbs...and back to my 'hood and down to E CT near Ginxy. It shows some pretty consistent bands. Hopefully it has the right idea....its amazing how different some of the short term guidance is. This is through 10am tomorrow...it's still snowing in BOS and southeast MA at this point:

Jan30_03zRAP.gif.089e86fe2e2a1fbe8716f1c50221307c.gif
Sounds like good stuff for me and Jerry

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

At least a half inch...prob more as it's going pretty good now. Esp the past 20-25 min. It's really high ratio stuff. Good dendrites. Prob will pick up 2 inches easily if this can keep up another 2 hours.

Looks like I was just west of that band, grounds covered but doesn't look promising. Can't win them all.

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Classic case of ORH being just far enough in any direction to get in on the snow. Unreal

They are actually just missing right now. My place in Holliston is under the band right now.

ORH will prob get some though in the next few hours as there are more expanding echoes to the southwest.

Jan29_1120pmRadar.gif

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

They are actually just missing right now. My place in Holliston is under the band right now.

ORH will prob get some though in the next few hours as there are more expanding echoes to the southwest.

Jan29_1120pmRadar.gif

Think any of that stuff eventually clips this area, or are we cooked?

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Think any of that stuff eventually clips this area, or are we cooked?

No, you're not cooked...you'll get some of the stuff that is currently now entering S RI...looks like WST went down to 1 mile vis. I'd still expect 1-2 there....maybe a higher lolli if lucky.

39 minutes ago, ajisai said:
44 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jan30_03zRAP.gif.089e86fe2e2a1fbe8716f1c50221307c.gif

Sounds like good stuff for me and Jerry

That little green dot s right over my head.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

1 new and real nice flakes now 26 degrees

We've been kind of joined at the hip most of this evening....we've been in that band getting steady snows while it's a lot of flurries and on/off snow outside of the band.

Looks like some better stuff though getting into RI now and prob E and SE MA soon.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We've been kind of joined at the hip most of this evening....we've been in that band getting steady snows while it's a lot of flurries and on/off snow outside of the band.

Looks like some better stuff though getting into RI now and prob E and SE MA soon.

So I get a call from my very pregnant granddaughter, out of gas. Went and got her gas in Plainfield. Roads are very bad and glassy. Went through a great band about 2 miles wide. Wind was ripping. Now it’s over me. Awesome night.

Archived