Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What? My weenie days ended years ago. You on the other hand.....

Lol alrighty then what time does the snow stop?Is it Thursday night or Friday,  days and days of snow. It's impossible to snow in this pattern until Feb 5th. Lol you would definitely win a poll in SNE as weenie of the year, but we absolutely love you just please get off the Scooter Debbie Downer train and fire up the bus Rev. Hey notice how cold models got last night, sweeeeet

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol alrighty then what time does the snow stop?Is it Thursday night or Friday,  days and days of snow. It's impossible to snow in this pattern until Feb 5th. Lol you would definitely win a poll in SNE as weenie of the year, but we absolutely love you just please get off the Scooter Debbie Downer train and fire up the bus Rev. Hey notice how cold models got last night, sweeeeet

Irish coffee?

14 minutes ago, CarverWX said:

Looks like 5 to 6 on the deck table. If the flu wasn't kicking my ass I would go out and measure 

Hope you feel better. Man it's tough, ended up losing my Mother in law partly to it but she was already in her last days. Families have lost perfectly healthy kids too. The snow should bring a smile and as my grandma Nonnie always said snow cleanses the Earth and the soul.

That 3-4” “coating” outside is looking pretty nice this morning. Between the wind picking up on my evening jog last night then looking at the radar presentation around 8pm I thought to myself “if you didn’t know better you’d think we were gonna get a decent event out of this.” Even at 0z last night the high-res NAM had not more than an inch or so for E-CT. HRRR actually did decent compared to everything else. The runs at 3-4pm yesterday was showing 2-3” back to the I-91 corridor...still underdone on amounts and coverage, but pretty decent on the western extent of plowable snow.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

That 3-4” “coating” outside is looking pretty nice this morning. Between the wind picking up on my evening jog last night then looking at the radar presentation around 8pm I thought to myself “if you didn’t know better you’d think we were gonna get a decent event out of this.” Even at 0z last night the high-res NAM had not more than an inch or so for E-CT. HRRR actually did decent compared to everything else. The runs at 3-4pm yesterday was showing 2-3” back to the I-91 corridor...still underdone on amounts and coverage, but pretty decent on the western extent of plowable snow.

Yea key to me getting pumped last night was the wind and seeing that mid level magic developing.  Lol what a weenie I am went to bed near 1 set the alarm early figuring it could be dumping at 5.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Man... not closing schools today could prove to be an interesting choice.

Fiance is a preschool teacher and she just called and said the roads are horrendous

Duxbury 2 hr delay. I'm looking at it dumping right now and wondering if they might call an audible and close. 

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hope you feel better. Man it's tough, ended up losing my Mother in law partly to it but she was already in her last days. Families have lost perfectly healthy kids too. The snow should bring a smile and as my grandma Nonnie always said snow cleanses the Earth and the soul.

Sorry for your loss. My 7 year old was nice enough to bring it home from school on Friday. Then my 4 year old got it Saturday and I got it Sunday. My wife is the last on standing. The snow is nice and I will push to get out today.

7 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Duxbury 2 hr delay. I'm looking at it dumping right now and wondering if they might call an audible and close. 

Wouldn’t be a bad choice... it’s not like this is wrapping up now.

and nice... we’ve reached the point where parents are threatening to sue the school district on the superintendents twitter page. Here we go

5 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol get out of bed and take a look... moderate snow here with actually good snowgrowth.  

Dude.....when my wife woke me up “to clean off the cars” and then the school delay text cane I was like WTF......lol....gonna say like 1.5” maybe 2”......nice bust....they don’t usually bust in this direction....

9 minutes ago, CarverWX said:

Sorry for your loss. My 7 year old was nice enough to bring it home from school on Friday. Then my 4 year old got it Saturday and I got it Sunday. My wife is the last on standing. The snow is nice and I will push to get out today.

Its starting to rip through my school now...kids dropping like flies.

On the other hand, just a tiny trace of snow here in Leominster

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

When you looked at H5, this didn't look like a whiff. Hard for the trough axis to be so far west and get almost nothing. Sometimes the Synoptics still win out but models have gotten so skillful that we rely on them. 

Kudos to you for sticking with it through all the waffling. 

4 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

0.25" with light snowfall, where is the 1-2"?

It was clearly an overperformer for many, not sure why you're trying to call people out on this area being this far NW when the general idea of it being snowier was correct for most areas from the 84 corridor and points SE. We were always on the edge with this and waking up to a white ground and snow falling is somewhat of a vicotory.    

Archived